Monday, December 7, 2015

Music Monday: Best of 2015 & A Cancer Update

I want to start today off by saying thank you to each and every person who reached out after reading Wednesday's post. I turned off the comments because I just didn't feel it necessary to have them on, and because I didn't think I could handle it. But for those who did reach out, you have no idea what it meant to me.

Since writing that post on Wednesday, we've had a bit of a setback. It turns out that the cancer has spread to my dad's brain and he had a small episode on Wednesday night that saw him at the hospital for the evening. We're now looking at Gamma Knife Radiation surgery before we can proceed with the rest of his treatment, but we're staying positive and hoping for the best. He's lost a bit of his speech from the brain bleed and swelling but he's not letting that keep him down.

I know how hard it is for my mom and even myself to repeat what's happening during this whole process, so this blog will become somewhat of an "update central" for our friends and family going forward. It's hard for me to repeat everything over and over so I apologize if I seem distant. Sometimes I just can't talk about it and I hope you all understand.

I also want to say something quick to the core few who have really been there for me the past few weeks: I truly don't know how I would get through this without you (you know who you are). Just being with me helps more than you know and you can let me know when you're sick of me - I promise I'll stop being so clingy. You're some of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and to call you my friends is an honor and an understatement. You're life savers. I'll never forget the kindness you've shown me.

When something awful happens in your life, it shows you who your true friends are. I know that you mean every "if you need anything let me know" and "I'm here for you, no matter what". You've shown me what real friendship and love is. I consider myself one of the luckiest people on this planet. I have no idea how I will ever be able to repay you, but know that I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the type of friend you have all been to me.

Before I start crying my guts out, I'll end it here. I just need you to know how special you are to me and how much I appreciate you.

.
.
.
.


So maybe let's move on to something a little more upbeat (because I need that right now). My dear friend Brooke shared with me a playlist from NPR that I want to share with all of you. They've put together their favorite tracks from 2015. While not everything on this list is my cup of tea, the majority of it is the bomb. So thanks for bringing it to my attention B!




I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week! 

7 comments

  1. So sorry to hear about the downturn last week. Still sending all my love and good thoughts to you and your family. Thanks for keeping us updated on your dad's status and yours—want to know that you're doing as okay as possible with this. Again, if you need ANYTHING...

    Pleased to hear you have what seems to be an incredible support system there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3<3 Love you very much and I'm thinking of you today and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is right now. Sending lots of hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending all my love your way, lady. Aaaaand I was already listening to this playlist when I started reading because I stalked Brooke on Spotify.. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this, friend. :( I'll be thinking of you guys... I'm glad he has such an awesome support system and a lot of people are thinking about him that he doesn't even know about, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete