Tuesday, November 24, 2015

How To: Roasted Honey Sriracha Pumpkin Seeds

One of the best parts of carving a pumpkin is pumpkin seeds. If you don't agree you can leave. 

What I love about pumpkin seeds, is that they're great any time of year. I love snacking on them at my desk and tricking myself into believing I'm healthy. So when my friend Rod found a recipe that involved Sriracha (aka the best sauce in the entire world), I was all over it. 

I brought them into my office and they were such a huge hit that my coworker gave me her pumpkin seeds and asked me to make them for her. 

I roasted these beauties last night and my apartment was consumed by the sweet and spicy smell. And my favorite part? They're so damn easy to make!

Step One: Dry the seeds out

Set your oven to 300F. Spread out about 1 cup of seeds on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake them for about 20 minutes. If they still seem a little damp I'd throw them back in for 5 minute increments until you're satisfied.

Please ignore how utterly nasty my oven is. I need to clean it asap. 


Step Two: Make the sauce

While you're drying out the seeds, mix together the sauce in a bowl with a whisk. I kind of eyeballed mine because I like to live life dangerously. But I'll try and lay it out for you.

1 tbs Sriracha
1 tbs Honey
1/8 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Olive Oil (if you're cheap like me you can get it at Dollarama)
A few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar

Other recipes call for paprika and ginger powder but I don't find them necessary. But that's totally up to you.

 I 100% didn't need those measuring cups but I thought they added to the aesthetic. 


Step Three: Mix the seeds and sauce

Pour the dried pumpkin seeds into the bowl and mix it together until the seeds are nicely coated. Lay them out on the baking tray again and try to spread them out as much as possible. It's harder because they're sticky but if they stay clumped the sauce won't caramelize properly.

Stick them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. I find that my oven runs a little hot so I only do 5 minutes. It's really easy to burn them so keep an eye on them!



How easy was that? The whole process lasts 30 minutes. Easy peasy. I hope you enjoy!

Do you have another pumpkin seed recipe you swear by? Let me know so I can try it out!


5 comments

  1. I've never had pumpkin seeds...or carved a pumpkin for that matter. Do I have to leave now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes pumpkin seeds!! I'll have to try this one day. I typically prefer them just salted. But that's because I'm lazy as hell haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy easy, thank you for reminding me how great these are! Also, your button has been added to my sidebar. I was living in the past and now I need to make you into a 250x250 so you can hang with the other ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes pumpkin seeds!! I'll have to try this one day. I typically prefer them just salted. But that's because I'm lazy as hell haha
    Read More About Crevalor Reviews and Crevalor and Megatropin

    ReplyDelete