Tuesday, March 31, 2015

5 Things That Make My Inbox Happy

I used to hate getting newsletters and e-mail promotions. Younger Melissa was so dumb. I sign up for everything and anything now mostly to get coupons cause I'm poor. Newsletters are my new favorite jam. So much information in one little spot. So fetch. Here are 5 that make my inbox fuzzy and warm:

The Skimm

Ladies, let's face it: we're too busy for our own good. Sometimes, current events fly right over my head when I'm knee deep in the workday. Enter the Skimm. Not only do I get the world's top headlines straight to my inbox, but these ladies are funny. Every morning I look forward to skimming with my cup of coffee in hand.



If you're not as obsessed with Blake Lively as I am, then congratulations for having a life. But if you love her like I do, you need to be subscribed to her website Preserve. Food, style, wellness, stories, artisans, shopping... need I say more?




I like big books and I cannot lie... But for reals. This newsletter is great because everything is book related. We all know how much I love to read, and if you do too, then you'll love this twice weekly newsletter full of lists, quizzes and facts!




My wanderlust is out of control lately and this newsletter only adds fuel to the fire. With articles on food, leisure and culture there's something for every type of traveller. It even makes me want to start up new hobbies like splunking just so i can go explore the "world's coolest caves". One day...




Blogger Book Club

I may be biased but this one might be my favorite. I've never participated in a book club before and the lovely Sarah hosts a blogger one every month! I "attended" (via Google Hangout) my first meeting on Sunday and it was so much fun to chat and hear everyone's thoughts. The book club e-mails are so cute I look forward to them every month. If you want to join us sign up here!



Do you have any e-mails or newsletters that you receive weekly that I should know about? What are your favorites?

8 comments

  1. I feel smart only because of Skimm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Skimm!!! I have been getting it forever now and I cant imagine how I would get my top news any other way?!? I will have to check out these others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Skimm. Best way to get the news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove the Skimm. And I'm thinking it might be high time for me to join that book club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel horrible I didn't join the Hangout on Sunday. I intended to, but we had company and being with my person in real life > book club, which made me sad, but I knew it was the right choice. I was so excited to talk about those books too.. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Skimm but it's one of my immediate deletes every day. Maybe I should care more about news and world? One thing for certain is I love seeing YOU in my inbox!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I'm subscribing to Skimm and Buzzfeed Books right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete