Monday, February 23, 2015

The 87th Academy Awards

Favorite Looks - Women


Anna absolutely killed it on the Red Carpet!


Can we just remember that this queen is 50? SLAY JULIANNE, SLAY!


Her hair is flat but damn does Reese look svelte in that dress. 


Girl. Looks. Good. 


I love everything about this dress and the woman wearing it. She brought me tears with just a look in The Theory of Everything. 

Favorite Looks - Men







Fashion Fails


I'm going to get yelled at for this one but I just could not get on board with the back of that dress. 


I love Emma but I don't like the fabric or the color on her. 


Is she wearing her grandmother's curtains?


Is she doing the dishes at the after party?

Favorite Moments

Neil Patrick Harris' opening
 
The Lego Oscars.
 
The Polish guy not getting off the stage during his Ida acceptance.
 
Neil in his underwear. 
 
Robert Duvall having none of Neil's shit. 
Lady Gaga killing that tribute to Sound of Music. 
 
Julie Andrews. 
Graham Moore's acceptance speech for the Oscar for adapted screenplay for The Imitation Game. 
 
My dad's reactions to almost everything. 
 
Eddie Redmayne winning Best Actor. He was absolutely brilliant as Stephen Hawking. Plus he's so adorably happy!


Jay's reaction to Birdman winning anything. Evidently he thought the movie was garbage and I needed to know it. 
Best Picture going to Birdman. I predicted it and won the night. 
 
Twitter. Twitter is always the best part of any live show. 

What were your favorite moments? Who was on your best dressed list?

I also live tweeted the entire event, so if you'd like to read some thoughts of mine go check out my twitter!





8 comments

  1. i watched the red carpet and then fast fwd through the show until i hit live tv...then i turned it off because ain't nobody got time to sit through 3 hours of talking when all i want to know is who won what. i'll watch the rest later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch it so thanks for the recap! Love your best and worst dressed picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't get to watch but love this recap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch the red carpet but love your best loved moments of the show too. And 100% agreed on your best/worst dressed list. Anna wins it for me. But girl can do no wrong in my eyes, so I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't watch but have enjoyed seeing all the dresses and suits!! :) J-Lo was magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna and Zoe win for me. Loved their looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, I wasn't too terribly impressed by anybody except the men. Although, I did really like J. Lo's dress and all of her pictures on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tux looks good on Bradley Cooper... but it'd look even better on my bedroom floor.

    ReplyDelete