Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Titles Are Hard


I stole this from Alyssa kind of. It's a "Currently" post but I decided to smush it into a "Life Lately/Currently" post. So thanks lady for providing me with today's idea. Oh also, go check her out cause I'm in love with her as of late. 

|Life Lately|

I quit my job. I was going to wait to announce this, but now is as good a time as any I suppose. I got an offer that I just couldn't refuse and I took it. It was a big decision and I was a little torn up about it for a couple of days. It meant stepping outside of my comfort zone, making a big decision in a short period of time, and taking a huge leap of faith. Ultimately, it was too good of an opportunity to say no to. I'm so excited to see where my career goes from here. 

I pierced my nose on Friday. I had been debating it for a few years and then I decided screw it I'm going to go for it. And let me tell you, I love it. My friend's coworker does it on the side so I paid $10 and she pierced it in her kitchen. Saving a dolla makes me holla. 

I'm an expert. Not really, but my good friend does writes for Festive Health and I like to help him with his blog posts sometimes. This time it meant I was quoted about getting children to eat healthy. Because of all my experience raising children. 

Arbonne is becoming my obsession. I have seriously never loved a brand more than I love this one. And guess what? I even got Tracey in on the action. I like to think it was my persuasion that convinced her to join this wonderful family!


|Currently|

Making // I'm making the most of the time I have left at my current job. I'm not going to lie, I'm really going to miss Marketing & Communications. I love that social media is half of my job. I'm not sure if I've ever really discussed my degree, but I double majored, and this new job will be utilizing that other half of my degree that I don't even use. This is why I needed to take a risk. I need to know what that other half looks like in the real world. 

Anticipating // Going to the movies tonight. Jay and I are going to see Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal. If there's one thing I love more than Jake GFyllenhaal it's him playing a sociopath.

Learning // That I have picked a real winner ladies. Seriously. Jay slays me. This is what I opened up yesterday....


I was just at work minding my own business, and then he sends me this. Look, I never usually drink as much as I did at the wedding over the weekend. But he sees an opportunity and he zooms in on it. Then, I discover that his love of Taco Bell might actually exceed mine which I never thought possible. I log on to Facebook to see this...


And you know what? This bitch won a free t-shirt from posting this. He also bought that hat on E-Bay and wears it everywhere. 

Plotting // My novel. Say what? Come again? Yes that's write. (See what I did there?) It's NaNoWriMo and dammit I'm going to participate!

Listening to // My latest Spotify obsession is the stylings of Daniela Andrade. She has some seriously amazing covers. This one caught me most recently, but her cover of "Latch" is also magical. This girl is gold. 


 photo signature_zps6cdb891e.png

11 comments

  1. OMG your signature with the tacos LOL

    Yep I'm part of this crazy Arbonne family now...white Benz here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just saw your sign off and it has tacos and it makes me the happiest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taco sign off - next can you convince someone / ANYONE to put a taco emoji in there? Life goals, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. In love with you too.
    2. Congrats on the exciting job stuff! This gal in need of a career change is more than just a little bit jealous ;)
    3. I've heard SO much about Arbonne, and I think I used to know someone who sells it. Should I look into it further?
    4. Yay NaNoWriMo! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for the new job!! although it might be a bit scary, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a new job! Congrats! It is always scary making the switch but you never advance without taking a little risk!

    Ummm tacos? Yes!!!!

    Yay for loving Arbonne. I need to look in to it more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on taking the awesome opportunity -- I can't wait to hear more about it!
    I used to sell Arbonne :D I still have a huge stash of products and I love it. Such a great brand!
    Taco Bell is the bomb diggity yo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome that you got a new job!!! You'll rock it, no doubt in my mind about that!
    You look adorable with your nose ring BTW! I meant to snap that back to you but I was lazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job! Also, YES to Taco Bell (I really miss it in China!!) and if you ever need another reader of your novel, I'm your girl (I'm working on one too, OMG!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you may have fund a winner. Taco every day!!

    & COngrats on the new job, scary isnt always bad. I cant wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up for NaNoWriMo and have already failed haha

    Beth from www.littleworldcalledwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete