Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Breakfast on the Go


1. Smoothies
       
Lets start simple with a good old smoothie. If you have a blender then you're halfway there. The other half is the ingredients and let's be real, it's not hard to prep that in advance. Personally I love anything fruity in the morning to get me going and then I throw some spinach in there to make it green. For tips on making a kick ass smoothie, check out Festive Health's Smoothie Guide

2. Yogurt, Granola & Berries

Sometimes a bowl of coconut Greek yogurt with a handful of frozen berries and granola is all this busy girl needs. Super easy and if I'm running out the door, I just throw it all in a thermos and spoon it out as I drive. 

3. Omelette Muffins

These babies are my new obsession. SO simple to make and I just freeze what I don't need right away. You can literally put anything you want in them; peppers, sausage, bacon, onions, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, spices, the options are endless!

4. Peanut Butter Fruit Wraps

I found these on Pinterest a few months back and I'm genuinely stupefied I never thought of it myself. I can pre-make these the night before. Slap some peanut butter and bananas onto a wheat wrap and you're done. Sometimes I add berries on it as well for a little extra flavor. An easy grab and go for a rushed morning!

5. English Muffin Sandwiches

Hamilton Beach has literally just made my mornings 100 times easier. For one, I unfortunately have an obsession with McDonald's McMuffins. Not only are they super unhealthy, but they can get super expensive on the daily. Enter the at home mcmuffin. I can choose which type of English Muffin I use and then substitute soy cheese, egg whites and lean bacon to make this treat once in awhile. And it does all of it for me while I hop in the shower. 



There you have my top 5 fave quick breakfasts. What is your go-to morning meal when you're in a rush?

6 comments

  1. those mini egg omelettes are my jam. also, overnight oats in a jar, breakfast egg sandwich (microwave the egg in a bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omelette muffins are about to be my new favorite thing, I can just feel it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a coffee for breakfast kind of person, but I keep granola and yogurt at my office for sometime around late morning. I keep seeing those omelette muffin things though and I keep meaning to try them. Haven't yet, because lazy, but I think I'm gonna! Sometime when I'm not lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. English muffin sandwiches are the SHIT! I need to try the fruit/peanut butter wrap idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut butter fruit wraps?!?!?! Freaking genius!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great breakfast ideas! Why haven't I heard of those peanut butter fruit wraps!?!?!? My boyfriend is obsessed with english muffin sandwiches and the McDonald's ones are SO much better than the Tim Hortons ones! I'm more of one minute oatmeal kind of gal, especially in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete