Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thanksgiving Pictures and Other Things

I fail at my own blogging challenge. That has to be a new record for laziest blogger alive. In my own defense, this weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and I was really preoccupied with food, and corn mazes, and family time. So lucky (or maybe unlucky) for you, you get multiple days smushed into one! SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

So to start things off...

Day 11: Favorite Pumpkin Recipe


1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

I'm lazy, like I mentioned already, so I just frost it with some Betty Crocker vanilla icing. SO YUMMY!

Day 12: Favorite October Memory

For me it's not one memory in particular that stands out, but memories of the whole month since as far back as I can remember. I'm not just obsessed with October because of Halloween, but it's a month that has always been full of family. From raking leaves with my sister, to Thanksgiving, to Halloween with my cousins. As far back as I can remember, nothing bad has ever happened to me in October. Or if it did, it didn't matter because I was constantly surrounded by the people I love most. This year on Thanksgiving, my cousins and I went to A Maze In Corn and we had a great time. Seriously, I know I've said it before, but my cousins are some of my best friends. I could not have drawn a luckier lot in life. 

Oh and obviously because my cousin and I are super competitive, we turned it into a race, and we won. Winning team bottom right. NBD. 







Day 13: Fall Date Ideas

Corn Maze
Picnic in the park
Pumpkin carving
Feeding the ducks
Stargazing with a thermos of hot chocolate
Scary movie night in with popcorn and wine
Bonfire with just the two of you and looooots of s'mores!


So as not to overwhelm you, I will put days 14 and 15 together tomorrow and then I will be caught up and will not be such a failure. See you here tomorrow! Don't forget to link up if you participated over the weekend. I'd love to see your posts! Also, if you have any recipes or date ideas to share, bring em on! I could use them. 


Making Melissa

4 comments

  1. hahaha I love that you botched your own link up and looked adorable in a corn maze doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to go to canadian thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin cupcakes? Yes, please!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Makes me excited for our Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete