Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rainy Day Ritual

To be completely honest, what I'm about to describe doesn't just happen on rainy days, cause I'm a grandma. However, when it rains, this is ALWAYS what I can be found doing.

I love having the windows or balcony door open when it's raining. Mostly for the smell of the freshness and also a bit for the cool air that comes in. There's just something so relaxing about hearing the rain hitting the pavement outside and smelling it. Is that weird? Maybe. Moving on.



Rainy days call for comfy sweats and blankets and slippers. Curled up on the couch. I light candles allllll over. Like, we're talking at least 5-10 candles going in my living room. I settle in with a good book and it's over for me. That's my whole day. I can get so lost in a book when I'm in this zone. Throw in a cup of tea and I never need to get up.

Oh and one last thing that is absolutely necessary for this ritual: I turn off my cellphone. "Whaaaaaat! melissa, you're crazy!" No. you need to try it. It is so freeing! No distractions and I'm free to be with my imaginary book world! So this is my heaven. Well one of them anyway, I have multiple. Like the Halloween store, or taking a walk at a lake in the fall, or going to a haunted house in at Halloween. Okay enough. I'm done. That's not the point.

So that is my rainy day ritual. What's yours?


Making Melissa

7 comments

  1. So this post is perfect...it's raining here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TURNING OFF THE CELL PHONE IS THE TRICK!? I'm trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the sound of rain!!! It is so calming and soothing. My favorite time for it to rain is a lazy Sunday or while I am trying to fall asleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooo, not weird. The sound of rain is an amazing thing. It can't be replicated, it has to be the real deal. We have a similar rainy day ritual, though I'm like you — I can post up with a book and tea all day pretty much any time of year. I always leave my phone in another room on vibrate too, unless I'm expecting an important call or something. So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the turning off your cell phone part. I get annoyed when I'm reading and my phone goes off. haha #crabbyolbiddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love being home when it rains. There is something so comforting and calming about being tucked in my house with the rain pouring down. Its my favorite. Unfortunately, it does not rain very often here in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooooove when it rains! Especially those crazy rain storms we got this summer! Nothing better than a good book with the rain in the background.

    ReplyDelete