Friday, October 17, 2014

Favorite Scary Movies



I wrote a post last year about my 5 fave Halloween flicks. It was really hard to choose just 5. I actually left out so many so this year, I'm going to let you a little deeper into my twisted mind and show you how I feel about the horror genre.

To say it's my favorite would be an understatement. I am always looking for the next best flick. I want to be scared. I want to not be able to sleep. I want to be damaged by a movie. I have never found one that does that for me. Sure, there's some really creepy stuff out there, but nothing that truly terrifies me. Anna and I watch about 1 or 2 horror movies a week and yet I still haven't found that one bone-chilling masterpiece. There are so many that are so well done. Great plots, great character development, truly twisted. Unfortunately, I just don't scare that easily.

These are my current faves. It'll be hard to knock them out of their places.

Ones I will never get sick of:



The Cabin in the Woods
Evil Dead (orignial and new)
Halloween (original and Rob Zombie's take)
The Conjuring
The Strangers
The Orphanage
Carrie (2013)
Trick R Treat
Orphan
The Ring



Yearly classics:

Not all of these are horror but they are movies that I watch every October. Some of them my sister and I watch every year together without fail.



Hocus Pocus
Jeepers Creepers
Scream series
Halloweentown
Friday The 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Child's Play
Beetlejuice
Psycho (original)
Thirteen Ghosts



Ones I wanted to love but something ruined it:



You're Next
Mama
The Purge
Ginger Snaps
Insidious
Grave Encounters
The Possession
The Last Exorcism 1 & 2



Nothing is worse than a really shitty ending. I'm sorry but these movies built up so well, the suspense, the tension, and then.... what? Nothing. Or even worse, something ridiculous. I'm especially looking at you Mama. And I'm a HUGE Guillermo Del Toro fan.

Now it's your turn. Tell me what your favorite scary movies are!

Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites!


Making Melissa

5 comments

  1. We watched You're Next last weekend! I was so mad at the ending!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do Beetle Juice. That movie scares me. Definitely love House of 1000 Corpse, Devils Reject, Hocus Pocus, The Purge, Halloweentown, and other scary movies. I couldn't handle Evil Dead (new one) because it was too weird for me. Lol "Mama" was stupid I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a huge scary movie fan. In fact, I mostly hate them. However, I love Hocus Pocus and watch it every year! And I don't mind Beetlejuice. I actually sat through 13 Ghosts a few times too and it didn't scar me too permanently. I am a big scaredy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're speaking to my heart with this post. I loooove horror movies!

    Beth at www.littleworldcalledwonderand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do scary movies alone!!!!!! Come snuggle and we'll find some messed up things to watch.

    ReplyDelete