Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall Workouts & Home Remedies

Today I'm getting my ish together and catching up with my own blogging challenge. I can't believe I got behind on my own idea. What is my life coming to these days? No seriously. What is it coming to? Last night I sat and watched Reggie playing with the cardboard from a paper towel roll for 15 straight minutes. And then laughed at him. And then lost my mind when he started drinking water cause I thought it was so cute. I need some serious help...

ANYWAY. MOVING ON. Day 14 was all about Fall workouts. I got a couple you could try. They've really helped me tone up lately.




I mean it's so easy, you just replace your medicine ball with a pumpkin and BABAM! Instant fall workout. You're so welcome world. I know this is the kind of innovative thinking that you were looking for. 

But in all seriousness take a run outside or something, it's only going to be this nice for like maybe another week. Get some fresh air. It'll do your body good. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Day 15 was all about home remedies. It's cold, allergy and flu season right now. I'm not a huge fan of stuffing my body full of pills and crap unless absolutely necessary. I have a tried and true method that helps me get over my colds pretty fast. 

Step 1: Guzzle a carton of orange juice. That vitamin C is mega important. 

Step 2: Whine for about 12 hours about the fact that you can't breath through your nose and your throat is scratchy and how tired you are. Get it all out. 

Step 3: Make some peppermint tea and stick your nose over it and let it work it's unclogging magic. 

Step 4: Boil water, mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon, a bunch of honey, lemon juice and salt. (This sounds super gross, and trust me, it's not exactly heaven in your mouth but I swear it works). Drink that concotion. Choke it down if you have to. 

Step 5: Sleep for as long as humanly possible. 

I don't know why that drink mix works, but the salt and honey soothe my throat, and the lemon and cinnamon soothe my stomach. It works. I swear to Zeus. 

What are your favorite home remedies?



Making Melissa

4 comments

  1. YES to peppermint tea, it has superpowers, I swear. And the drink recipe reminded me, I also take a Hot Toddy when I have cold/flu symptoms! Sounds gross but works like nothing else

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahhahahaha The pumpkins <3 You're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin workout cracks me up. So festive!

    The strangest things work to make you feel better, so I am sure that drink is legit! I always overdose myself with Emergen C and echinecea. Boost the immune system, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLing so hard over these pumpkins. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete