Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall TV Shows

I watch a lot of TV. Most of it on Netflix, but there are certain shows I MUST watch in real time. I have to know what's going on as soon as it airs. So today I'm sharing my top 2 must sees returning every week and the top 2 new contenders for keeping my attention span.

NEW SHOWS:

Gotham


In general, I've always preferred Marvel to DC Comics. However, I really enjoyed the Dark Knight Trilogy and that may have had something to do with all the sexy men (Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon Levitt...). Anyway, I saw the previews for Gotham and the aesthetics got me. It reminded me a lot of how the Dark Knight trilogy was shot. And also Ben McKenzie, so I figured I'd give it a shot. So far, it's got me hooked and I'm looking forward to seeing how this season plays out!


How To Get Away With Murder


Literally all it needed to say was MURDER and I'd be in. Then I saw DEAN FRICKEN THOMAS and I was extra in. Especially cause Dean got hot. Throw in the sexy guard from Orange Is The New Black and Viola Davis as a powerful female lead, and I'm SO in. So far, it's pretty good. I've only seen the first episode and I have another waiting for me when I get home.

RETURNING SHOWS:

Criminal Minds


Hi don't get me started on this show. I've been a loyal fan since season one. I cannot get enough of Reid or Derek Morgan. I just hope that this season is a bit more exciting than last. It felt like it was missing something last year. Also, can we please give Reid a girlfriend and NOT kill her this time? THANKS. (Fun fact, the series is now on Netflix!)

American Horror Story


If you would have told me that the guys from Glee were making a horror show I would have laughed in your face. Well, it's been three seasons and they've more than proven they can do more than a well-choreographed show tune. Season one brought us ghosts and murder, season two took place in an asylum with a Nazi doctor and some aliens (don't get me started on the aliens...) and season three was wickedly creepy and involved witches and voodoo. I honestly didn't think they could outdo themselves. But then they announced Freak Show and my brain exploded. I have never been more on edge for this show to start. I want Jessica Lange gracing my screen RIGHT NOW! If you haven't seen this show you need to immediately because it is AMAZING. The writing, the acting, the creepy, oh my goodness I get tingles. It's also on Netflix. So you really have no excuse....


What shows are you excited about this fall? Don't forget to grab the button and link up!




Making Melissa

10 comments

  1. my husband is SO INTO GOTHAM. i'm going to wait for a bit, collect them and then binge. the first episode was alright; hopefully it takes off.

    and there's one character in the Murder show who plays a gangster in SoA which tells me that he gets killed. thanks for ruining it for me. kidding :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pilot of How to Get Away With Murder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO obsessed with How to Get Away with Murder. SO obsessed. I haven't started watching Gotham because I'm a total Marvel girl, and I'm already hooked on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But should I give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just come watch tv with you? Because you and I love the same things! I've recorded Gotham since it started but just watched the first episode last night. I LOVED it. And Reid, oh Dr. Reid. I think he's the majority of the reason I love Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Dr. Reid...also those were the saddest episodes ever when his g/f died and he and he had to get over that.
    I didn't know CM was on Netflix....goodbye social life!

    Also, I have heard good things about How to Get Away With Murder?

    Lastly, do I need to have watched past seasons of American Horror Story to understand this one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've now also seen episode 2 of How To Get Away With Murder and it's just as good! I'm loving where the storyline is going! Love it! Did you watch the premiere of Criminal Minds this week? I liked it. I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I liked J. Love's character. I'm really, really excited for this season!!! And of course, AHS.. DUH. I need Jessica Lange and Evan Peters on my tv, NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your list. Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch any of these, but I definitely, definitely should.... There are way too many TV shows and too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotham and How to Get Away With Murder are two of my new favorites....both are so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete