Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Canadian Capital City

I'm back! It's only been a week but it feels like I haven't been around these parts in forever. In case some of you don't know, I was in Ottawa for most of last week/weekend for a work conference. And man is that city beautiful. I fell in love. Hard.

I crammed so much into my few short days in Canada's capital I don't even know how I'm not more exhausted. From Byward Market, to Mosaika, to Parliament to the War Museum, there was so much to see and do in between conference sessions and workshops.

My favorite thing was being able to spend time with friends. My friend Nic is studying law out there and I hadn't seen him since we graduated our undergrad together. It was so nice to catch up over drinks!

But I had another friend there. One you might recognize. That's right, I finally had a blate with Tracey!


Thanks to Twitter and the wonderful restaurants in Ottawa, we snagged a reservation at Play Food & Wine and oh my goodness the food did not disappoint.


As soon as I started chatting with Tracey, it was as if we'd known each other for years! She was such a sweetheart and so easy to talk to. I want to go back to Ottawa so I can spend more than 2 hours with her lovely face! 

Now that I'm back, hopefully I'll check in more often. I have so much to tell you guys but it'll just have to wait until tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe the next day after that. I'm too tired to function right now. I have some exciting things going on in my life and I can't wait to share with you!

Until then, please enjoy the fact that my boys in Take Me To The Pilot finally released the video for their new single! Yes, that's right, now you can stare at their pretty faces some more. And also listen to a kick ass song. Show them some love. WATCH. 


6 comments

  1. TELL ME ALL THE THINGS ON OUR DATE TONIGHT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you got to make so much out of a work conference! Also that food looks amazing. Also also, your blog looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blates!!!! I still haven't been on one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting to blate it up!!! I have been to Ottawa one time, but it was a very long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay blates!

    ps gimme those green beans! YUM!

    ReplyDelete