Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Things Boys Don't Understand: Vol. 2


Dry Shampoo:

I don't even know if I can accurately describe the look of mingled confusion and disgust when Jay found out I don't wash my hair more than twice a week. "But... what? Why? How? Ew..."


Actually that's pretty much it. Pretty spot on. 

It's okay, I said. I use dry shampoo. Oh okay... no wait.


He had no idea what I was talking about. Good thing this whole conversation started because Anna was in the process of spraying the ish out of her hair with dry shampoo. So we gave him a demonstration of the magical powers those little aerosol cans possess. Whoever invented this stuff is a god because it allows me to be lazy as all hell and avoid washing my hair for disgusting amounts of time. 

Jay still doesn't understand the concept. He still doesn't understand why I just don't wash it. 

BECAUSE IT TAKES SO LONG OKAY!? Seriously, my hair goes halfway down my back. Do you know how long it takes to wash that shit? TOO LONG. 

Long live dry shampoo and any other product that allows me to sleep an extra 30 minutes instead of showering. 

11 comments

  1. just throw the whole 'it's not healthy to wash your hair every day' knowledge at him and tell him to pipe the eff down over there

    ReplyDelete
  2. gahhh! what brand do you use!? Mine makes my hair 1000 times more oily than it was when I started!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I felt weird about dry shampoo when I first learned of it too. I use it on Sundays, but the rest of the week I have to wash my hair. I get all sweaty during my work outs and feel nasty without washing it. That and my hair is super thin and gets oily really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha when I explained it to my husband he was like, "......so really you're just avoiding taking a shower."

    ReplyDelete
  5. .... I don't even understand the concept of dry shampoo... LOL
    I purchased a can, sprayed it on my roots once and never touched it again :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh and then you have to wait for it to dry and/or blow dry it AND THEN straighten or curl it! men have it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be a boy ... I don't understand it either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dry shampoo actually doesn't work well for me... so I just wear a greasy ass bun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha yes! I still need to invest some of this miracle working magic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that stuff. It is like one of God's gift to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i only wash my hair every 3 or 4 days. since i switched to all natural shampoo, i don't need to wash every day nor does my hair get gross/smelly/greasy :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete