Monday, August 11, 2014

Ooh Child

Monday morning PSA: If you haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy, get your head out of your butt and go! I saw it last weekend and then I went again yesterday. I honestly would pay to see it maybe like... 5 more times. It is seriously that good. More than anything though, GROOT.

I AM GROOT. Haven't seen it? You won't understand. But he's maybe the cutest thing in the whole movie. PROOF:



I don't think any of what I'm saying is making sense. Moving on.

One of the best parts of this movie is the soundtrack. Growing up, I was exposed to most of these songs courtesy of my parents who were teenagers in the 70s. Aka one of the greatest music decades in history. So thank you Mom and Dad for having fantastic taste in music.

For your Monday morning ear pleasure, I've included Star Lord's Awesome Mix Vol. 1. You're welcome world. 





So other than obsessing over yet another Marvel movie (because I am obsessed with Marvel; Marvel > DC), my weekend consisted mostly of reading and relaxing. I just finished Kill You Twice by Chelsea Cain and now I need to read the rest of her work. If you enjoy a good crime thriller, read her Gretchen Lowell/Archie Sheridan series.

Anyway, I need to cut this off here today. Otherwise I'm going to continue babbling and no one wants that. Hope you have a great week!

How was your weekend? Anything I should know about? I'd love to hear it!

5 comments

  1. I envy your ability to carve through books like you do - I can't honestly say the last book I finished. I had a fun weekend at the coast but that's not crazy exciting, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically have no clue what that movie is supposed to be about? But now that you showed me the Groot I want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much music to listen to today. on overload.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I want to see this movie so bad! So, so bad.

    ReplyDelete