Thursday, August 21, 2014

I Like Big Books & I Cannot Lie

I've been crazy busy lately. And by that I mean I've been watching a lot of Netflix and reading a butt ton of books. But I just haven't been as inspired to write. I think it's the heat. It makes me sluggish. So today I bring you a survey about books. Because books are my favorite. i like them more than people. Not even a little bit sorry about saying that. If you feel so inclined, you should steal this and then let me know so I can read it when you fill it out! 

Oh and also, feel free to become my friend on Goodreads because lord knows I don't have enough book suggestions as it is... ahem. Anyway. Here we go. 

Author you've read the most books from.
Stephen King or wait.. when I was younger I read a LOT of R.L. Stine.

Best sequel ever.
I remember being really excited

Currently reading

Slow Apocalypse - John Varley

Drink of choice while reading.

I love curling up with a good book and a steaming mug of Apple Cinnamon Tea. Like life can't get any better than that unless it's raining at the same time outside. 

E-reader or physical book.

How can you not say physical book? The smell, the feel the ability to use a cute bookmark. I just love real books. And making notes in margins or highlighting them and seeing the tear stains on the page where Dumbledore dies. 

Fictional character you would have probably dated in high school.
Ron Weasley. I had a massive crush on him. Maybe had something to do with Rupert Grint as well. But ya know...

Glad you gave this book a chance.
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I had to read it in high school so I was not excited to start reading it but it absolutely grabbed me. I now love Margaret Atwood.

Hidden gem book.
A Child Called "It" - Dave Pelzer. I never would have read this had my roommate not brought it home. It's a first person account of one of the worst child abuse cases in California history. The things this poor man had to endure before he even turned 12 broke my heart. And he grew up to be a functioning member of society. It's not an easy read but I tell you that it's worth it. It really opened my eyes.

Important moment in your reading life.
When I picked up Harry Potter for the first time. I'd always loved reading but never before had I connected so much with a book.

Just finished.

Kill You Twice - Chelsea Cain

Kinds of books you won't read. 

War novels. 

Longest book you've ever read. 

Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

Major book hangover because of... 

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. I thought my life was over because there was nothing left to come after that.

Number of bookcases you own. 

3

One book you have read multiple times.
This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Preferred place to read.

On the balcony but the weather has been absolute garbage lately. 

Quote from a book you've read that inspires you.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." This is from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. And it has stuck with me for so long. It taught me to never settle and that I deserve more than I let myself believe.

Reading regret.
I don't regret any books I've read. Even if they're crap I finish them.

Series you started and need to finish. 

A Song of Ice & Fire - George R.R. Martin

Three of your all-time favourite books. 

Harry Potter, The Shining, Wuthering Heights

Unapologetic fangirl for... 

J.K. Rowling & Stephen King

Very excited for this release more than all the others.
Red Horse - Alex Adams. I've been waiting MONTHS. I NEED IT! But it was only published as an e-book and I don't have an e-reader so I'm PISSED.

Worst bookish habit. 

I start more than one book at a time and have a hard time finishing them. I leave them all over the apartment. 

Your latest book purchase. 

I bought like 8 books at the used book store near my house. And a week before that I bought 4 from there. So I have a problem I think.

Zzz-snatcher book (the last book that kept you up way late).

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Mindy Kaling

5 comments

  1. This title though <3

    I'm glad my Harry Potter 6 isn't the only one that has tear stains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love this! R.L. Stine was my most read author when I was growing up too ha ha. Loved Goosebumps. Oh, and YES to a major book hangover after The Deathly Hollows. I didn't know what to do after it ended..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I might have to do borrow this survey!

      Delete
  3. I still can barely talk about Deathly Hollows without wanting to crawl into a hole and die. :(

    ReplyDelete