Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Leaving On A Jet Plane

In 24 hours I will be on an airplane headed to Denver. From there, I'll be hopping a connecting flight to Portland. To say I'm excited is the understatement of the century. I don't know how to put into words this feeling. The only people who will understand are other bloggers. 

Because I'm headed to Portland to meet friends. Friends that I consider good friends. Friends that I talk to every single day. Who kindly listen to all of my problems and successes and make me feel better and celebrate with me. 

Friends who know me better than some people here do. These girls are special, beautiful inside and out, and I'm lucky to know them.

But here's the thing: I've never met them in person. I've never met Jessi or Brooke in person. I talk to them every day: Snapchat, text, e-mail, gchat, Facebook, all of it. But I've never seen them face to face. 

So I'm beyond excited. I feel like I'm finally meeting my soul mates. I get to stay with Jessi. I get to see where they live and work. I get to experience a new city. I get to meet Brooke's boyfriend, Bradley, who better not be as creepy as his Snapchats to me are... (oh Bradley, this will be fun). The first face I'll see when I step out of the gates in Portland will be Angie and I'm so happy for that, too. 

They're letting me into their lives with the widest, open arms I've ever experienced and honestly, my heart is already in Oregon right now. 

I probably won't be around much from Thursday to Monday and I'm not even a little bit sorry. I'm going to be with my people. Maybe we'll pop in. And if you'd like you can add me to Snapchat (melissasuggitt1) and Instagram to stay posted on our adventures in Oregon!

17 comments

  1. opwhaiobniewahyuihboaegnb bjioehaiohneio!~!~!! so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! I love shopping in Portland :P
    (and their Voodoo Donuts!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ladies are awesome!! I hope you have an amazing trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you get to meet your blogger besties! Live it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah!! I wanna!!! I'm so jelly! I want all the snaps and all the shenanigans pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg you're going to have a blast! when i met up with my bloggy bitches in miami, it was so incredibly awesome. represent canada, ok??

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANNA HUG YOUR FACE I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! This is good though because you can let me know if B&J have been catfishing us this whole time before I buy my plane ticket. PS WHY HAVE WE NOT BEEN CALLING THEM BJ ALL ALONG!??!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO MUCH FUN! I love Jessi and Brooke! Hope y'all have the bestest time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAIT. I want to be friends with all you, too! I'm a seasoned vet when it comes to meeting people from the internet IRL (including, but not limited to: other bloggers, potential boyfriends, distant family members). When can I come to Portland?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How freaking exciting! Enjoy your vacation and time with the girls! I'm adding you to snapchat because one can never have too many snapchat friends.

    ReplyDelete