Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Shocker, I'm Late Again

The day I blog on time will be a cold day in Hell I'm sure. Shocker of the year, I missed yesterday. I was unfortunately bed/couch ridden due to a severe migraine and slept for approximately 20 hours. So you're getting a glimpse of my weekend late. 

I had one of the most eventful weekends in recent memory. I was a busy bee every day! First, we kicked off Friday with a little frozen Mike's. Probably the best drink ever. Also, I'm pretty sure I was supposed to pour it into another glass, but I'm lazy so straw...


I then got to spend some quality time with my baby! Look how cute she is. I just want pinch her cheeks for all of eternity. Also, she's 1.5 years old and that's not allowed. STOP GROWING UP!


Saturday I spent at work. I know I know but I swear it wasn't a bad thing! There's an event every year called Doors Open Winnipeg and my work was offering a free Mural Tour. We had a record number of participants and I dragged my dad along for a little exercise and bonding time. After that, we grabbed lunch together at Whistle Pig which is maybe the best drive-in in the history of drive-ins. I got the greasiest most delicious burger. Hey, I had walked for 2 hours in the scorching heat, it was totally justified. 

Saturday night I went to Mongo's for Lynn's army send off. I'm going to miss that nugget. Good luck with basic training and I will see your pretty little face in August!

Sunday was exhausting but amazing. I went to the Forks for Pride Winnipeg 2014. Take Me To The Pilot was playing the main stage and I got VIP seating. Aka beside the stage. Mostly because I'm a baby and it was really hot and I wanted to sit in the shade. My city is lively and beautiful and I love it. 










Sunday night was the highlight of the weekend. For Jenn's wedding, they decided to do a quiz night instead of your typical social. It was one of the most unique things I've been to! Obviously I love Trivia because I get to show people how smart I am. Too bad my family sat at another table and kicked our butt. Oh well! It was a great turnout and we all had so much fun!









I'm still exhausted from this weekend. Even though I did manage to squeeze in a lot of couch time and watch a couple of movies. I also finished season 1 of Suits and I'm so obsessed. SO OBSESSED! Almost makes me want to be a lawyer. But then I remember they work 80 hours a week or more and I'm like nah. Then I'd have no time for Netflix. 

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun or exciting?

8 comments

  1. is this the same child that you called out on snap chat for stealing your food?! I don't think you were quite as sweet about her then

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I just wrote a post about Mike's Hard Frozen where I stated I much rather eat them freezie style than pouring it in a glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend! Ummm why aren't more adult beverages served juice box style? It would make things easier...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable baby!!!
    walking 2 hours totally justified the delicious burger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen Mike's!? I love the non-frozen version so I know I definitely need to be on the look out for these frozen ones. Sounds like the perfect summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Pics! I've fallen off the radar on blogging. Ugh, I have had no time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MHL in juice-box form? WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THAT IN OUR LCBO?? will be making a pit stop at the liquor store after work because mama needs to relax :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete