Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Birthday Canada + My Weekend in St. Laurent

Tomorrow Today is Canada Day. I'm writing this on Monday night so I'm getting confused. Bear with me please. Because it landed on a Tuesday, my boss gave us the option to have a long weekend instead and get today yesterday off. Who wouldn't want a long weekend? Also, working Canada Day means I get stat pay so all around I'm one happy camper. 


However, my long weekend was not the best. Why you may ask? Because Mother Nature is a cruel witch. That is why. We had the storm of the decade and 2 dozen towns/cities in Manitoba had to declare a state of emergency due to the amount of rain causing flooding. 

But like any true 'pegger, I sucked it up and went out to the lake BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU DO!
It was Jon's birthday so we all headed out to his cottage and partied Chez Stanners. 


And by partied I mean drank and played board games because the torrential downpour didn't allot much outside time. It was, however, the most intense game of Pictionary that I've ever played and people were going insane. People including me. As in I almost lost my voice. So much screaming. I feel like it was largely due to how drunk everyone was getting. 

Eventually, the weather let up just enough in the evening for us to go out and enjoy it. Man, the lake is just beautiful. I wish I could live on one. 









I stole this group photo from Jon's Facebook. So thanks for that Jon. Also, I have no idea what I was looking at. So that's weird. 


Other than that, the only other decent thing that happened this weekend was when Jamie made banana bread and we ate it right out of the oven. Oh and also when Jay took me for breakfast. So that was nice too. 

How was your weekend? What are the rest of my Canadian friends doing to celebrate?

6 comments

  1. uhhh what is stat pay? also i want to be by that fire with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to live on a lake, too... so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lake, gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked like SO much fun. Love campfires by lakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an awesome long weekend! Love campfires and time by the water.

    ReplyDelete