Friday, May 30, 2014

Sunshine Award


Rules of the Sunshine Award 
|| Post 11 random facts about yourself.
|| Answer 11 questions for the blogger who nominated you.
|| Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
|| Write your own 11 questions for them to answer.
|| Notify them that you have nominated them.

Random Facts About Me
  1. I'm an even 5'0". 
  2. I've been on anti-depressants for almost two years now and I've never felt better. 
  3. I love folk music more than is healthy. I have a new found obsession for Southern Gothic.
  4. I just love music more than a healthy amount in general. 
  5. I put hot sauce on my popcorn.
  6. I wanted to be a witch really bad growing up. Thanks a lot Hermione.
  7. I've seen every episode of Friends upward of 10 times each. 
  8. I have a hard time letting people in. I have a pretty big wall up. 
  9. I'm so much cooler online.
  10. I have no filter. I'll pretty much say anything. 
  11. I've been working on a novel for long time. I don't even know when I'll truly commit to writing it. 
Questions

1. What is the story behind your blog's name?

At 24, I just don't feel like I've completely found myself. I'm "making" myself a little bit every day as I learn and grow. 

2. If you are married, what song did you dance to at your wedding? If you aren't married, what song would you pick? 

I always had my heart set on My Best Friend by Tim McGraw. Seriously, I picked it when I was 13. 

3. What is your most embarrassing story?

This is a problem for me, because I have no shame. I should get embarrassed but I don't. I'm sure there's something. Maybe the time I walked into a glass door while on vacation and almost broke my nose? Or the time I ran into a tree and broke my braces and they went through my lip and I had to walk home four blocks bloody and crying? 

4. When do you feel the most confident?

When I'm doing something that I love to do and am good at. Nothing boosts your confidence like knowing you are completely OWNING something and killing it. 

5. What is something you are proud of?

I'm proud of myself for taking the steps to overcome my mental illness. It's a journey that may last forever, but I've made huge progress in the last few years. Something I never considered possible.

6. What are your three favorite stores to shop? (online counts)

Oh man I have the most ridiculous addiction to online shopping. I seriously need to cut up my credit card before I go broke. The two online ones are Just Fab and Nail Polish Canada. The offline (I'm so funny) one is Target. Le DUH.

7. What is something you like to splurge on?

Nail polish and make up. I can't justify spending more than $20 on pants but I will spend $60 on an eye shadow palette. How does that even make sense? RIDDLE ME THAT!

8. What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?

I can lick my elbow. 

9. What is the first blog you ever read?

I think the first blog I ever came across was "The Daily Tay". It really was what inspired me to hop on the blog train. She's maybe one of the funniest people I've ever come across. Ever.

10. What are some of your goals?

Travel the world! Live in another city. Work in publishing. They're all a little ways off but I'm working towards it.

11. What is your go-to meal to cook?

Chicken enchiladas. I'm maybe the best at making Mexican food. Not even going to lie. Actually. SO GOOD at it.


Thanks Amanda for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! I love Q&A's so this was fun :)


Instead of nominating 11 bloggers, I want to nominate ALL of you! Same questions and if you end up doing it let me know so I can read them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that I will leave you with my current favorite song. If you follow me on Spotify, you probably saw me listen to this 20 times in a row. Thanks to Brooke for showing it to me!


Oh P.S., I finally booked my flights so I guess it's time to let everyone know I will  officially be going to Portland in July to visit with two of my favorite people on this entire planet, Jessi & Brooke!!! I'm so excited I seriously can't contain it.

11 comments

  1. LOL my splurges don't make sense either; i'll drop $600 for skin care products but i whine about shirts/pants being more than $20

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you with splurges too! There is no rhyme or reason but it is totally legit and justified in my head!!!

    I love "My Best Friend!"

    What the hell is Southern Gothic? lol sounds like a contradictory type of music

    ReplyDelete
  3. my lover's got humor. she's the giggle at a funeral..... Can't stop, won't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No such thing as loving music too much!

    Also, not only did I want to be a witch growing up, I thought I was one until about age 16.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally did a post about splurges and saves no rhyme or reason right?! Yeah you get to see Jessi I love her!!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chicken enchiladas. I make mine from a meal kit but would love to learn how to make them myself. I even have your recipe for them! It's on my to-do list to actually make them now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Melissa congradulations on the sunshine award!! The story about the tree seems painful {ouch} lol and I know all to well about mental illness from myself and past experiences! Have a great weekend girl! XOXO
    P.S. I am now also following you on GFC!! ;D <3333

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5'0"?! I WANT TO PUT YOU IN MY POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nail polishes and makeup are a huge weakness of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT 5'0?!??!?!?!? Honey I'm 5'10. This will be wonderful to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Oh, Oh you will be in the land of Giants when we meet you. I'm 5' 71/2 and Tim is 6' 6''. I am a Witch and I also have no filter ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I can totally lick my elbow too!
    So thrilled that you are managing your mental illness and are in a good place! It is so hard to take those first steps in being proactive... I too take antidepressants and love that you are speaking up about it!

    ReplyDelete