Friday, May 23, 2014

My Heart Hurts For Someone Else

I need to use today to vent. Is that cool? Am I allowed? OF COURSE I AM. It's my blog and I'll do what I want. 

I want to take today to briefly touch upon a subject that has been up in my face lately. Cheating. 
Now I think it should go without saying (but I'm obvs saying it anyway) that I think cheating is maybe the lowest thing you could do. It's scummy. It's gross. It's cowardly. If you're gonna cheat, just break up. When I was young, I unfortunately hadn't learned this lesson and it' my biggest regret in life. Not having the balls to end it first. It's been many moons since then and I have an overall greater respect for human beings than to do that to them. 

Now, why am I venting today? Because it hurts my heart to see someone I love have their heart shattered and then go right back to what shattered it in the first place. No amount of proof, or love, or advice, or tears can get through to them. Heart gets shit on and they go right back to the shitter. 

It hurts me because I know I have to let them learn their own lessons. but all I want to do is wrap them up in a blanket of hugs and keep them safe until everything blows over and I can release them back into the world full of love and respect and self-worth. But I can't, because it's not my life. All I can do is support them through their decisions. And it kills me. Because they deserve so much more and don't see it. And every time I see him I'm filled with such a seething rage. A monster roars up inside of me and I have to swallow it. 

It all comes down to one thing: 


END RANT

Now just listen to this song and things will be better.

Linking up with Whit for #BackthatAzzUp
Linking up this song and quote with Amanda for Friday Favorites 
Lastly I just want to give a huge shout out to my girl Tracey because she gets married tomorrow! Isn't that crazy!?!? Congrats lady, I hope it's a dream come true. You deserve it :). 

Have a good weekend folks. I hear it's a 3 day for my american friends, so enjoy that!

15 comments

  1. i'll admit that i have cheated and the guilt is so overwhelming that i would never do it again. i'm sorry that your friend is going through something like this :( just be there for her; time will heal.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! When you or someone thinks they ''love'' someone its hard to let go. I have luckily matured and realized I have no problem saying sienara to a person who wrongs me that way. As mentioned, sometimes there's nothing you can do. The shit eventually sinks to the bottom as they say. Have a great weekend girl!

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've cheated and STILL feel terrible about it. I've also been the "other" girl and still feel terrible about THAT, too. Ugh. :/ When they say "no regrets" I instantly think of those things as parts of my life I regret. AND I've also been cheated on, and stayed, and went back, etc. Like you said... shit that people unfortunately have to learn for themselves usually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheating is the worst. I have been cheated on by a few different people. You blame yourself. You think you are the one who is to blame and who is at fault. You feel like you did something wrong to make someone do that to you. It is so hard to move on from it but eventually I think everyone realizes at the end of the day that the cheater is the one who was shitty and shouldn't have been such a coward. That there wasn't real love there in the first place if it can be replaced by cheap sex with someone else. I hope that your friend moves past this is realizes this sooner than later.

    On a lighter note...I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3<3<3 you have so much wisdom in that pretty little mind of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As sad as it is to watch; it would be hard for anyone to accept. Would you rather know someone cheated on you if the relationship has passed? Or better to not know considering it is over anyway...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was cheated on by my exhusband several times and I always went back believing he'd change..he never did. However, no one else could talk any sense in to me I had to finally open my eyes for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the feeling to be cheated on and it's the worst!!!!! Thanks for linking up with that fabulous song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea in my past all the 7 guys i was with cheated and lied. Once a cheated already a cheated. noone deserves that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This breaks my heart. I was cheated on a LONG time ago, and it's literally the worst feeling. Being the cheater is pretty bad too. I had friends who were cheated on, and I'd almost say it's worse watching someone else go through it once you've been the cheater or the one cheated on. It's awful knowing that pain personally and knowing nothing will make it better until they decide to be bigger than the pain. sigh. Prayers and good vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never cheated but have been cheated on, and I have to say that it is one of the worst things that's ever been done to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful soul you have. People are so broken and flawed and it's heart breaking to witness someone we love navigate the shit storm of cheating. Your friend is very lucky to have you,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was cheating on a few years back and it's a shit feeling (but when I got the guts to leave him, it was the best feeling). I had a friend that would go back to a cheater constantly because, bottom line, she was in love with him despite how much pain he put her through. I felt if she can't give him up after 3-5 major incidents, I eventually gave up helping her out and realized, someone people need to learn the hard shit on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheating just doesn't make sense to me. I just don't understand. If you're willing to cheat, just go ahead and end the relationship.

    Just found your blog - love it! Looking forward to reading more!

    the tiniest way | sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. cheating is the worst. why not just break up? i was in a terrible relationship in college and everyone knew he was cheating...except me. what hurt the most is that none of my friends told me! sure he turned out to be a scumbag, but i lost a lot of friends, too

    ReplyDelete