Friday, May 16, 2014

I'm Not "Cute" Awkward, I'm "What The Hell Is Wrong With You Awkward"

Everyone says TGIF and I know it's overused. But today Thank f*$% it's Friday of the Long Weekend because I need a time out on life so hard. SO HARD. 
It's funny (and not funny ha ha) how you think you're completely fine and over something. And then you get thrust into a situation where you realize what you thought didn't affect you has actually messed you up more than you ever thought possible and RUINS things that shouldn't be ruined. So a big eff you goes out to you sir. Thanks a lot for that.  

It leads to me being so damn awkward and it's not an adorable awkward. It makes me mean when I don't want to be but like.. defense mechanisms.

None of this is making sense and I don't even care because I am seriously so blah right now it's unbelievable.

I'm just going to go listen to some Lumineers all morning and wait til the moment I can go home, curl up on my couch, and ugly cry to The Notebook while drinking lots of wine and eating lots of chocolate. 

So let's just link up with Amanda and try and enjoy Friday instead of wanting to commit mind murder. (That's me committing murder in my mind cause I would never commit it in real life). 

Favorite Quote



Favorite Funnies





Favorite Song

It's one of those songs that I know every line. It's such a fun, upbeat summer song! Long live boy bands. 


Favorite Man Crush

Zachary Levi is maybe the perfect man. Get your nerd on. 


Favorite Woman Crush

This woman though. She is me. I am her. Aubrey Plaza you beautiful weirdo, you're an inspiration!


Favorite E-Card 




Sorry for being such a debby downer today ladies. Cheer me up! What are your weekend plans?

19 comments

  1. whatever is bothering you, i hope it all works out soon. xoxoox

    and zach - love! i have a soft spot for geeks

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i love all of these so much. so true and awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaand i hope everything works out soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to basically put a elusive facebook status that doesn't actually talk about what is going on in your life up on the blog! NOW I MUST KNOW THE DETAILS, MEL. come on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha that ecard is freaking awesome!
    Hope you feel better but wine and chocolate always help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guys suck the end.
    If you need to talk I'm here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also really love wine - and have a bottle for when you come visit with your pretty face! Sometimes WTF awkward is okay too - there's people who like our special kind of crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post just made my day!!! And that let it go thing made me really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better Melissa, sorry you feel down! :(

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been SUCH a debbie downer recently, too. It happens :/ I hope you shake it off soon... virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL @ that 6th grade tshirt!

    I am sorry that you are down. I hope that you get the weekend to just relax and regroup. In the words of Barney Stinson: Don't be sad, be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :( :( girl sometimes you just need a moment (or 1,000) to ugly cry it out. here's to hoping you're able to unwind and process this weekend
    also..the frozen pin...i couldn't stop laughing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feeling is the best sign of being okay.
    Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwwww girl!!!! I hope you feel better! Damn that shirt made me laugh and feel better because shoot I was TERRIBLE looking in 6th grade!!! Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope whatever is dragging you down leaves you alone soon! And my weekend plans are pretty chill. Just some puppy snuggles and my favorite tv show ever, NCIS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog Melissa - just followed! ♥
    Would love if you checked out mine sometime too so we can stay in touch!

    AIMEROSE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you had a great long weekend. I hope whatever brought you down goes away...and the rest of the post made me laugh so hard! So many funnies :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG that Frozen series is priceless...For the record, I don't think you can overuse TGIF, haha. At least not in my world!

    ReplyDelete