Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Weekly Confession Session

CONFESSION: I never schedule my posts and I need to start because by the time I get them up it's lunch time and where has the morning gone!?


But seriously. Today is humpday confessions and it's my favorite posting day of the week because I get to share things with you and learn things on everyone else's blog so why can't I just get my shit together the night before!? Drives me insane in the membrane. Okay but anyway, I don't have a lot of juicy confessions.

I confess...

...I had a date last night and I wasn't even a little bit looking forward to it because I'm so sick of being disappointed. But I went anyway, because I never get dates, and also, free Starbucks. Guess what? It was a fantastic date. I'm really glad I went. That's all the information you're getting. BYE. 



...Is it just me or is making friends as an adult really hard? I can't make friends. It's really hard for me and I don't know how to do it and I think I just scare people off or they think I'm fucking weird or something. 




...I believe that texting kills relationships but I also am too lazy to talk on the phone most days. But seriously, if a boy were to call me to make plans instead of texting he'd totally get some. Just sayin'.




... I have that crush on that teammate of mine and it is getting so absurdly out of control. Reel in your uterus Melissa. REEL IT IN. 




... I really love being single and it's something I never thought I would say. It's really hard for me to imagine giving up my lifestyle right now and that scares me a little bit because I have a feeling if I keep going on like this I'm going to end up with 5 dogs. I can't afford 5 dogs. And my allergy to pants is getting worse. 




... My sense of self is super inflated. I need to tone it down. But every time something with a male doesn't work out, or someone doesn't want to be my friend because I suck at making friends, I'm just like WHATEVA I'M FUCKING GREAT YOUR LOSS. 





22 comments

  1. any guy or person who doesn't like you can suck a bag of hairy dicks because you're awesome.

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are great so it is their loss. Also just channel your inner Corinne. No one needs a bf anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the hardest time making friends as an adult too!!!! Like I am just really awkward sometimes and so I guess that is probably why. But like you I feel like it is their loss because I am freaking awesome. And hilarious. Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! You have to share more about that date!!

    I completely relate to it being hard to make friends as an adult. Can I just go back to high school? It was so much easier then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'd actually really like to know more about this date.. And you are fucking weird, but I kinda like it.. Sooo..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think making friends as an adult is so hard too! Glad to know it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My recommendation for making friends as an adult is to talk to everyone about everything. Like that person next to you on the bus or waiting for a drink at the bar. Tell them about some weird mole you have. It works like a charm, I promise.

    Or join an adult kickball league.

    Also, fuck dating.

    <3 bye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making friends is super hard! I seriously think there needs to be a dating website for friend finding. People could meet for runs, go see a movie, grab coffee and go shopping etc. You would just be matched on common interests and what not. It would take away the awkward "I just met this girl and she seems super cool buuuuut how do I ask for her number?" weirdness lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. A date?!?! Hi why dont you talk to me anymore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I'm alone but I'm alone and FREE!!!! Atta girl, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yea being single is great at times. although I'm happy with being my sweetie and being able to share things and have a best friend to talk to daily and vent to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sense of self is not inflated. Why would you want some guy that didn't want you? That guy is just an idiot, cuz you ARE AWESOME!

    Also I agree 100% with the adult friendship comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Making friends as an adult is a complete joke! Any time I'm trying to make a new friend I feel like I'm creepily hitting on them and in turn I get super loud, awkward and inappropriate. I still don't understand how this "real world" thing works...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I rarely talk on the phone to ANYONE. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound A LOT like me! I cant make girlfriends to save my life...it sucks hanging out with just the guys..I need girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the part about being single! So important to be happy with where you are and not dependent on needing a boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Melissa! Omg, I love your post's like seriously! I'm so glad you had a good time with that lad and just for the record, I totally agree with the friend thing. I am a people person but to an extent. I'm happy to report though, that I am obligation free and I love it, lol! Have a lovely week my dear! Talk soon! <3333

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh P.S if you ever want to swap buttons let me know!! :) Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a fucking awesome person. They're loss. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with the friend thing! Especially in university, I find it almost impossible to make decent friends. Although, any friend in uni is better than in high school in my opinion! I get what you mean about being single! I freakin' love being single!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so with you on the friend thing. Someone told me to join a club - book club, food club, who knows club - and that I would make friends.. but we don't have anything like that where I live. Maybe I'll make a loner club ha ha :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://elitedaily.com/women/single-girl-problems-the-17-things-that-make-me-an-undateable-girl/

    ^^ take a look at that
    too funny!

    ReplyDelete