Monday, April 14, 2014

Things I Learned This Weekend

imyourkatieque

Hello all! What a weekend it was indeed. But first, have you read I'm Your Katie Qué? Because if you haven't you should. She's maybe one of the funniest bloggers out there and she has this link up called "Things I Learned This Weekend" that is basically the best. Bloggers love recapping their weekends. And what better way to do it? 

So, here are the things I learned this weekend:


1. Birthday weekends are the best weekends. 

2. Friends are maybe the most important thing in the entire universe and mine are especially great because these flowers. Thanks to Kristen, Caitlin, Jon and Mat for the pretty flowers and the card!


3. Turning 24 kind of sucks because you don't even have a song to go with your age. I mean, nobody likes you when you're 23 and I'm not feeling 22 anymore so this kind of sucks. 

4. My sister is such a talented baker. She makes the prettiest cakes!



5. Chicken fingers are the best food in the entire universe.

 
6. Caesar Sundays at State & Main are my new go to because $4 Caesars. Need I say more?



7. Painting my nails buzzed actually makes me better at it. As in there was no nail polish covering my skin around my nails. So that's a win. 


8. Don't question my Harry Potter knowledge Tinder boys...




9. Moving is hard. And by that I mean I was supposed to pack this weekend and instead I successfully took two naps. And to take that nap, I had to curl myself into a little ball instead of doing anything with the mounds of clothes I was supposed to pack. 




So those are the things that I learned. It probably does not apply to your lives in any way. I don't really care. I just thought you should know.


I will be celebrating my birthday today by drinking lots of Caesars again and then going to soccer drunk. For our first playoff game. Because drunk soccer is the best soccer. Amirite?


GO LINK UP WITH KATIE AND TAKE THE BUTTON AT THE TOP THANKS. 

17 comments

  1. 24 was my favorite year of life so far - so young, so drunk. Get after it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek birthday weekends for the win! &That cake says my name, haaay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! And I agree 24 was a great year for me as well, so enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! I'm sure Taylor Swift will sing about it eventually, she just has to catch up first! Good luck at your game tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shat your room is more of a disaster than your snaps alluded it to be. I love it. Happy mother frickin birthday!!!! I'm gonna keep saying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahahahahahaha. number 8 is a win!! Love people who appreciate the details of Harry Potter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG packing/unpacking/moving is honestly the worst thing in the entire world.
    Happy Birthday Week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderfuly perfect awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Be glad you are 24 and not 30!!!! Eek. That is old. :(

    That cake is beautiful! My sister got all the good baking genes in my family. She makes the most amazing cakes as well and I just don't even try!

    The Harry Potter thing is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i say birthday girls shouldn't have to pack! make someone do it for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly believe trying to do anything while buzzed makes us the boss of it at the time....case in point beer pong ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMFAO... stop it... I'm DYING over the HP Tinder convo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gimme all the chicken fingers!!!! nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why are you so much better at Tinder than I am..? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday!!! Those flowers are gorgeous and your cake looks amazing, lucky lady.
    As if people don't know what Harry's wand core was.. pfft!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday!

    Drunk anything is the best anything. True story.

    ReplyDelete