Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Just A Trace!

Haaaaaave you met Tracey? You should. She lives in Ontario and that means she's Canadian so that means I LOVE her. This is what happened when I found her blog:



She blogs over at  Just A Trace  and it's never a dull moment. So I want you all to meet her. We had some fun. She's a hoot. Here we go...





Why did you start blogging?

In November 2012, I moved from Toronto to Ottawa (about five hours away by car) when my boyfriend of eight months got a job transfer. It was a bit of a risk on my part - leaving my family, friends and a job I loved. It ended up working out because we got engaged six months later, but at the time I was trying to process a lot of emotions and blogging was a great outlet for that. I've always loved writing, but never really considered blogging. Initially, my posts were about moving and adjusting to a new city. I used the blog as a way to keep my friends and family up-to-date with my life, but as more people starting reading it just took on a life of its own

What's your favorite part of living in Ottawa?

I've been able to meet a lot of great bloggers here and I've been invited to some really cool events here. I've been given blogging opportunities in Ottawa I don't think I would have gotten if I was still living in Toronto. I find that the work/life balance is something people in Ottawa really get, so I love that I can clock out of work at 4:00 and then use my evenings for my hobbies. There's also a lot of really great nature trails that I look forward to taking advantage of in the summer.

You recently interviewed Lainey Gossip (major jealous by the way). What was the best part of the whole experience?

Lainey was my first interview ever. I found out I got the interview three hours before I had to interview her. It was good and bad because had less time to prepare but also less time to be nervous and freak out. Being a blogger, I am way more comfortable behind the computer, so to have to go and talk to someone who you admire can be scary. The best part was that somehow I pulled it together, asked her all the questions I had wanted and just talked to her like she was an old friend. It made me realize sometimes it's good to go outside of your comfort zone because you surprise yourself.

QUICK, your house is on fire, what is the one thing you would grab?

My iPhone! How sad is that? But like really, it has everything I need....pictures of family and friends, the internet and my Starbucks card so I can still buy precious coffee.

You're engaged! Vom. Jk, love exists. How did you know he was the one?

To be honest, I didn't know he was the one for a while. I had dated A LOT of guys (which you can read about in my Adventures in Dating series) and was really hesitant to commit to anyone. It was when he got transferred to Ottawa for a job and asked me to go with him that I knew. I really didn't want to leave Toronto, my job or family and friends but when I looked at him I couldn't imagine spending my life without him (VOM!). When I realized I could give up everything for him, I knew he was the one.

Any advice to new bloggers out there?

I feel like this is cliche advice, but seriously write about what you inspires you. If you try to write for a certain audience or to try to get free things, it will show in your posts, but if you write about what excites you it will excite your readers. Make blogger friends, they have great tips and it's so great to talk blogs with someone that gets it. Try to find bloggers in your city and hang out IRL. The blogging community is awesome, take advantage of what it has to offer!

To learn more about Tracey, check out her experience with breakups, one of my personal favorite posts! She also has something called WTF Wednesday which is a hilarious collection of moments that made her go WTF recently. And of course, she's your go-to for all things wedding! She's learning as she goes, kind of like when she went wedding dress shopping

I asked her to do some word association because it's always fun to see how people's brains work, amirite?

Word Association:

Canada: Healthcare
French: Snobs
Dog: the love of my life
Ring: sparkle sparkle (looks at engagement ring….)
Husband: I get one of these SOON (May 24 to be exact)
Fruit: Banana
Bum: I like big butts and I cannot lie
Mojito: Fav drink
YOLO: my botton
Justin: snot nosed Bieber
Illegal: handcuffs

and finally, a round of FUCK MARRY KILL (aka my fave game ever):

FUCK                                   MARRY                                    KILL

 (side note i can't get these stupid F, M, K to line up right so deal with it)

              KILL                                MARRY                                        MARRY

I think this one isn't right. Because you should never kill Captain America, and also, there's no fuck. 
        KILL                                  FUCK                               MARRY


    KILL                                          MARRY                                     FUCK


     KILL                                    MARRY                               FUCK


      FUCK                                       MARRY                                     KILL


I hope you've enjoyed getting to know Tracey as much as I have! I visit her blog daily and she's also a fellow Canadian so that makes her mega cool in my eyes of course. All hail Canada! You can find her all over social media so get clickin!



5 comments

  1. Hahahha I really messed up the F/M/K game...I tried. I can't help it if I want to marry Chris Evans and the Chris O'Dowd...also this game made me realize a lot of the time I think people are the same (I forgot Chris Evans wasn't Chris Pine too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. F/M/K - awesome! Yay this was a fun interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. F/M/K gave is my favoriteeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was hilarious, perfect for a monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete