Thursday, March 20, 2014

You guys, you'll never believe what today is. I'm not even going to make you guess, because you can't, but it should basically be a national holiday. It's Andrea's birthday!!!!
MY BEST FRIEND TURNS 24 TODAY!

2005

I'm so excited. Seriously this girl has been my friend for nearly 10 years now (minus the 1 ish year we were in high school and friends off but it doesn't count cause we were young and stupid. We'll call it the lost year.)
2006

ANYWAY. I'm really lucky to have her in my life. She's smart, beautiful, funny and puts up with my shit. And there's a lot of it. Some of my best memories are with this girl and lemme tell you, there are lots. 
From the times in high school where we'd sneak out her bedroom window and roam the streets of Oakbank, ending up on the roof of the local high school and getting chased by cops. To prank calls, to girls nights, to that time I almost ate cat food in her house and we maybe laughed so hard we peed, to the sleepovers at my house, to when she had her first Halloween in the city and her candy got stolen. Musicals, which we went to a lot of together. 
To when we moved her into her apartment and drank strawberry wine on the floor, to breakups, international trips that separated us physically but never broke us apart. To shitty boyfriends, bad friends, university stress and realizing our parents make mistakes too. First real jobs, the struggles of becoming adults and holding on to who we are, nieces, loss, triumphs, engagements and baby announcements. 
SO MANY MEMORIES. We grew up together and I'm a better person for having known her. Also, I went home to my parents and found my old photo albums and scanned some real gems.
2007?

But before we get to the bigger photo dump, I'm going to tell you 5 reasons why I'm lucky to have this girl as my friend
1) She is the voice of reason. She has talked me down from some really stupid decisions. And impulse buys which thank you for saving me money. I'm the worst. 
2) She not only accepts the ridiculous shit I text her, she actually goes along with it. 






3) She has seen me at my literal worst and still manages to love me. Flaws and all. You don't find friends like that too often. 

4) She knows me better than anyone else on the planet and isn't afraid to call me on my bullshit. EVER. She sees through everything I say. I swear she's psychic. 

5) She's one of the strongest women I've ever met and I admire her for it. She's been through some really tough shit over the last few years and she's managed to keep her head on straight and still be happy. I look up to her for it. 


we were babies! 2007

Eiffel Tower 2008

The O.C. was pretty much the best bar ever when we were 19. 

Same night... 2009

2010

2011

2012

2013

2014

Happy Birthday. I love you long time!

8 comments

  1. You are SO pretty Melissa. Again, you have the most gorgeous skin.

    What a nice post for your friend, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously need to tell me about these witch days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. Can I make a suggestion though? Hide her phone number and last name from the text message screenshots. You don't want any creepy stalkers getting hold of that! It's just best to be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy blond hairs?! also i see this peeing thing has happened on more than one occasion. niccce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best friends are the best! Happy birthday Andrea! Make a lot of bad decisions this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Andrea!! She sounds like a damn good friend to have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a cute post! It made me think of the last ten years with my three best friends!
    ...and Happy Birthday Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful friendship! Happy birthday to Andrea!

    ReplyDelete