Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


First off, the 1/8th of me that is Irish is really feeling St. Patrick's Day this year. Basically my office is super lucky I have such amazing art skills....

My weekend was pure perfection. Friday night was spent at Ikea with the girls and Anna and I managed to pick up some cheap coffee and end tables for the apartment. We consider that a huge win. As well as an entire dinnerware set. BOOM. We were driving home and reminiscing how four years ago we used to be getting ready for a sloppy night and here we are four years later excited because of Ikea and a quiet night in. Oh how things have changed. We ended up falling in love with a couch the next day and realizing we had nowhere to store it for 2 months so that was a sad day. We're still not over it because it was the most

Saturday night my baby cousin Taylor turned 18! 7 down 1 to go... Almost all of us beautiful cousins are now of legal age. As you can see below we took a wonderful cousin picture to commemorate the night. 


Okay so I wasn't actually there, but isn't my family hot? Love em. I was at home with baby Brooklyn and my girls having dinner before we joined my family at the Tavern for drinks. As soon as we got there we made Tay take a muff dive which was hilarious. If I could make the video work I'd post it here. Poor girl. I had such a great night out with my cousins! We hardly ever get all together. I always see one or two of them at a time so it was nice that all 7 (sorry Tanner you're too young) of us had a night out. 


I woke up the next morning with quite the hangover so naturally the only way to fix that was to make some Butter Chicken and then go back to sleep all afternoon. 


After my nap it was time to go to the Jets game with my sister! I hadn't been to a game yet this year, so when the people I was house sitting for offered me a game from their season tickets, I obviously said yes and called my sister right away. 






And it was the game to end all games. 5 points within the first period and our Jets winning 7-2. Wildcard spot pleassseeeee be ours! I have little faith that we'll make playoffs but I will be such a happy panda if we do! I love hockey. I'm your typical Canadian. And in Winnipeg, we live and breathe hockey because we were without the NHL for so long. Oh and also Doc Walker sang our national anthem and I was so pumped because DUH DOC WALKER. They're basically one of the best Canadian Country Music acts to ever grace the international music stage. And it reminded me that the Junos are only 2 weeks away and I cannot wait to go with miss Caitlin. With that I'm going to leave you with my favorite Doc Walker song that I've had on repeat all morning. 




How was your weekend? Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?



The Rachael Way


12 comments

  1. happy st. paddy's day! we've been spending our weekends at ikea as well. next weekend is a friend's bday but i don't want to go because i want to stay home and organize. #oldhag

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic photoshop of yourself. I couldn't even tell that you weren't really there.

    The legal drinking age in Winnipeg is 18??

    Mmmm... butter chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend!! Glad you had such a good time at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so gorgeous in the cousin picture!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to figure out why your 18 year old cuz was out at a bar, this all makes sense. To be young and reckless :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ikea has so much stuff, how can you not fall in love with something?! I feel like I'm missing out on this butter chicken... no idea what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ikea on a Friday night? Slow down, there lady. Gettin' a little too crazy! Jk, I spent my Friday watching Catching Fire with an 11-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love IKEA on a Friday night, especially when I can get a cheap dinner in the restaurant...$2.99 pasta anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I celebrated St Paddy's on Monday at King's Head. It was fun! I won a t-shirt. :) I haven't ever been to a Jets game yet, so I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete