Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ryan Gosling Wants Your Confessions

It's Wednesday. What does that mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! You know this, come on.....

It's Humpday Confessions with Kathy! Obviously everyone's favorite day of the week amirite? If it's not, it should be. Without further ado, here are my confessions this week.

I confess...

...I'm super cranky this morning because I'm really tired. I stayed up past my self-imposed bed time and while I'm not saying it wasn't worth it, if I don't have another coffee soon I might deem it not worth it. 


...I've been a really crappy friend lately because I've been so busy. I haven't talked to my girls as much as I would like and it's really sad and I want to fix that. Work can S my D. But not really because I love what I'm doing at work right now. 

...I have to go on TV to promote something my work is doing next week and I'm nervous. Like sweaty pits nervous. I hate being on camera. Hate it. Can't I just write the talking points on a flashcard and stand behind the camera and let someone else do it? FML. I'm really good at watching TV, not being on it. 



...Andrea has had to be bad cop for like a week straight. I love it, I appreciate it, I need it. My brick wall is up and she's knocking through it one block at a time. UGH. Feelings. 



...Stacey has been the good cop to Andrea's bad cop and they think it's hilarious. To be honest, it is. 

...I miss my dad. He's in Alabama. He goes for two weeks every month. I miss him for really selfish reasons. Like he's not around to snowblow my driveway. Or cook me things. Or just sit on the couch with me on a Sunday in silence and not speak and spend time with me when I'm lonely. 



...I've listened to the rough and sexy voice of Stevie Nicks and only Stevie Nicks for the past 3 days. I might have a problem.

...I'm having a really hard time coming to terms with ever giving up my bachelorette lifestyle. Ever. Like near or far future. I don't want to accommodate anyone new in my space. I'm the worst.

 

... My snapchats with Jessi are the best part of my day. Seriously, girl is hilarious. Also, apparently we're both suffering through Shark Week and she opened my eyes to the fact that there is a wine with a Zebra bleeding (probs not) on it which is just SO PERFECT. 

...I forgot how much I loved 21 Jump Street. Thank you for watching it again with me. 



...I have a really unpopular opinion among most of my family/friends right now, in regards to the Vince Li case. For those who don't know, Vince Li is the man who beheaded another passenger on a Greyhound in 2008. He was an undiagnosed schizophrenic and was found not criminally responsible. He has since been locked up in the Selkirk Mental Hospital. Recently, his doctors have requested his privileges be extended to unsupervised trips into town and no longer keeping him in the locked ward. He has shown no violent tendencies since starting medication and has done a complete 180. I believe that his doctors know best and if he is psychologically healing, then I see no problem with allowing him these privileges. I still think he should be punished for committing such a horrific act but he was not in his right mind and did not understand the consequences of his actions when he committed it. This is why I am pretty unpopular in my family right now. There is still a long way to go for mental illness to be wholly and completely understood by the general public and this proves it. Yell at me if you want now. 





12 comments

  1. I loved 21 Jump Street...hilarious movie. I should definitely watch it again now that I've been reminded of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cranky today JUST BECAUSE! There is nothing wrong with enjoying being single. Seriously, it's awesome that you embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so tired today too. day 1 of no coffee since i kicked my coffee habit and i'm dying for a coffee now!

    and i love 21 jump street! i laughed SO HARD at the part when they were hallucinating.

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this - what's fun is that I feel like I know most of your life and that's not terrifying to me at all. Find ways to enjoy your independence and you enter new things into your life! And may shark week treat you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait we are all three moon cycles sisters?! should we give each others gifts each month or just snap about how we want all the chocolate?!

      Delete
  5. That greyhound case made me scared to ride any form of public transportation for months. That's all I have to say on that issue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to google hang out tonight. I need it.

    Loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud throughout 21 Jump Street- I totally need to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 21 Jump Street is the literal bomb, and I can't wait for 22 Jump Street. I went and saw The Lego Movie and realized both Channing and Jonah are in it and it's hilarious.

    Also, Snapchat it up girl. It needs to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked 21 Jump Street as well....like hysterically laughing in the theatre! So glad to know you liked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bachelorette lifestyle.. so hard to give up! I'm half in half out with a long distance relationship. yeah and why arent we snap friends either?

    ReplyDelete