Friday, February 21, 2014

Day In My Life: Typical Canadian Winter Day


My girl Tracey and I today are coming at you with a post we've had in the works for awhile. Being two Canadians in what is arguably a mostly American blogging world, we wanted to show you what a typical day in our lives is like, eh. I guarantee you there is going to be some stereotypes and I fully embrace them. I'm a proud Canuck, eh, so sit back and let me walk you through a day in my life on the Canadian Prairies.

It starts off with me checking the weather on my phone. Am I going to need extra layers today or will my heavy duty winter coat and boots be enough without throwing on the long johns?


Oh nice it's going to be a warm week! Next step is checking how much snow fell over night...


Lright, I've seen worse. At least it looks like they plowed the streets. Good thing I remembered to leave my windshield wipers in the upright position. Thank god for command start and heated seats, amirite? I grab breakfast, which sometimes is bacon dipped in maple syrup, sorry not sorry, it's effing delicious. 

The drive to work is like being a horse with blinders on. It's almost like driving in a corridor the snowbanks are normally pretty high, eh. 


Once I get to work it's time to turn on the space heater and drink 1 of 10 Tim Hortons coffees I'll have throughout the day. It's Roll Up The Rim again so I need to up my chances to win, therefore, more coffee. 


Lunch time usually calls for a bowl of soup while streaming some sort of Hockey game or highlights. I'm a pretty big Jets fan but lately it's been Olympic hockey. Oh yeah, guess what, WE WON GOLD YESTERDAY. Bet that felt good to watch our women dominate you, huh U.S.A.?


I come home after work to a delicious meal. Here's my favorite. NO JOKE. Poutine is my boyfriend. 


Then I basically just curl up in front of the fire with a good book, inside my igloo, with my pet polar bear. Okay that's a lie, but god I want a pet polar bear pretty bad. But I really do tend to curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book. That part was true and an actual part of my day. 

This is a typical day for me approximately 8 months out of the year. Glad I could share it with you, eh. Please note that I exaggerated some things, but for the most part, sadly, this is all true. Except for the igloo, those are only recreational. 


11 comments

  1. I love that we DID NOT COORDINATE AT ALL yet our days are actually super similar. I guess we both fall into the stereotypical Canadians! Plus, I need that space heater in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love this!! So Canadian!! A polar bear as a pet would be pretty fun, albeit a bit impractical :) I'm going to go check out Tracey's post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Anyone who denies poutine being their boyfriend is either lying or lactose intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this! I also always support Team Canada for anything having to do with hockey over my own country hahaha. I'm so excited the women won! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gahhhh it's pretty when it's sunny outside but I cant take the cold. If its under 70 i start chattering. I'm a big wimp. I give a lot of credit to you guys and your igloos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, I think Toronto is like a whole different world in Canada. We're like our own country, haha. But the Tim Hortons part is perfect for anyone in Canada. And should be around the world. Because Timmies rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we both have cute space heaters for our desk. go us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BUT I WANT A POLAR BEAR! I've only been to Toronto and Vancouver/Whistler - both in the summer. This is not my Canadian experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It just started to snow here in Vancouver... but I'm so happy it's not -18!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! My fiance is Canadian and I'm currently living in Toronto with him where he plays hockey, so I can totally relate to all of this. I can't get enough of Tim Hortons and I'd love to eat lots of poutine, but I have to resist so that I can fit in my wedding dress. I just came across your blog and I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete