Friday, January 24, 2014

The Pits & The Peaks

Pits

* I tried making chocolate chip cookies last night and I wanted them to be ooey gooey and they turned out just ewwwy. 
 
* I burned my chicken enchiladas in the crockpot this week. 

* It was consistently around -40C all week. I had to go out and shovel the sidewalk and I think I got frostbite.

* I got stuck in the driveway trying to get to work one morning and I know I got frostbite from digging myself out. 

* I forgot about the load of laundry I had downstairs and it froze in the washing machine. FROZE. How is that even possible?

* Adjusting to being alone in a house that isn't mine has been difficult. I keep hearing noises, seeing things, all around being crazy. I went from a tiny house full of people all the time to this silence and it's driving me bonkers. 

* I realized there's only one more week of American Horror Story Coven left and I feel empty now. 

Peaks

* My favorite raunchy Canadian, Kathy from Vodka & Soda, became my first sponsor. YAY! I love her blog and was stoked to have her hang out on my sidebar for a month. 

* Hugs from my favorite little munchkins at Brownies made everything better.

* I saw Frozen with my mom & sister on Monday and it was amazeballs. I want an Olaf. SO. BAD. 

* I get to see Inside Llewyn Davis tonight, finally. Shout out to Caitlin for being my new bff.
 
* The Jets won four games in a row. Four. It was magic, long live Paul Maurice. But then they lost last night but still. It was a huge burst of pride to know our team can do it. 

* I got my retail job back which means I will soon have money to plan a trip with Fallon. All the yesses to this because I will finally get to meet my lil bugaboo!

* I was reminded how great of a friend Andrea is. She stayed on the phone with me while I checked every room in the house for a possible intruder even though I was being completely ridiculous. And then put up with some seriously unstable texts last night. No more Criminal Minds for Melissa...

* My sister and I had an impromptu movie + delivery night and I finally saw Brave and it was perfection.

* But best of all, I went to the Wedding Show with my beautiful friend Jenn. I cannot believe she is getting married this year. Seeing her in a wedding dress almost made me cry! She also had the chance to test out some wedding hairstyles and she looked so pretty!




My week was more eventful than I thought. I'm going to leave you all today with a song from Frozen because IT IS SO GOOD. So everyone Back that Azz Up to Olaf the cutest snowman in the whole wide world. 


In Summer by Josh Gad on Grooveshark


          button


12 comments

  1. i laughed when i read "raunchy canadian" hahahha! and i laughed even harder when i read that your laundry froze in the machine. i know that's awful of me but for real, how does one defrost a load of clothes?? damn winter; it can suck it already.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your laundry FROZE?! That's insane. Ugh, can summer just come already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH FROZEN! So in love! But speaking of frozen.. your washing machine froze your laundry?! How does that even happen!? Ugh, winter blows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man i have been listening to the frozen soundtrack since you reminded me it is on spotify, but i have yet to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I can't believe your laundry froze!!! I had no idea that was even possible...I'm dying to see Frozen sometime soon but I loved Brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. frozen laundry? how's that even possible. found you thru the link up. i'm now following you.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frozen Laundry?! CRAZY. and omg i Love that gif!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen frozen yet but I want to. I might wait until summer when shiz isn't frozen in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I need some chocolate chip cookies! They are best when they are ooey gooey for sure. And frozen laundry? Holy moly that's CRAZYYYY Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frozen laundry?! Insane! Sounds like you had fun at the wedding show... I love wedding expos! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see that you went to see Frozen. I really wanted to go... A 23 year old going to see an animated movie is totally normal right? I refuse to be over my disney days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know that I'd consider burning anything in the crockpot a pit... that's actually pretty fucking impressive! ;P

    ReplyDelete