Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm A Big Fat Liar

So remember how I said I would never work retail again? Remember that? REMEMBER!?

I'm not even sure where I wrote that but I know I did. I said I would never go back to retail now that I have a career and a real full-time job that involves the actual use of my university degree. But then bills started to pile up, payments needed to be made, furniture needs to be bought and I want to take a trip to Kansas. So I did what I said I would never do. I asked for my old job back. I'm that jerk that quits and then 10 months later comes crawling back because #monies. 

So bring on the incessant folding of clothes, the screaming children, the aching feet, the "mall people". Bring on the arguments over one freaking cent differences, and coupons, and crazies. I'm going back starting next week. I don't entirely hate the thought. Since it'll be part-time and not my main source of income, my stress will be less, my responsibilities will be less, and I get to work with all my friends. Because Courtney is the assistant manager. Oh yeah, that's how I met these three loves of my life. 


So yeah, I might hate actual retail, but I get to spend my evenings with my friends. And I get to see cute babies again. So it's not the worst decision of my life. 


9 comments

  1. hey man, we do what we gotta do. and retail isn't so bad. my best job was working at Coles bookstore. being in a bookstore all the live long day where i could read books during slow times? YES PLEASE!!

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. do what you gotta do to get the extra monies! even if retail sucks, it's nice to have more income for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you're familiar with a store called Tilly's but it was my 2nd job in high school and I quit 3 times, and 2 of those 3 times I asked for my job back. And the management glady took me back! I know how you feel about hating retail but enjoying working with the people. Some days i still consider doing it part time. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to be one BUSY girl! But I understand why you made the decision to go back. I'm glad you can see that it wont be all bad! Embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I get a full time job, I'll honestly probably work at BBW for a bit. Because of the monies duh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not gonna lie, there have been times when I would start crying (and a couple times at work) because I was so stressed out because of shoppers. I guess the holiday season does that to you! #retailprobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how you wrote this post today because I just got terminated from my retail job this afternoon, haha. I'm actually glad they finally let me go, I was extremely unhappy there from the first day and things just never improved. I think I'll just focus on studying full time and stop working PT until my paid internship starts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UGH! Luckyyyyy..I can't even get hired on at any retail places/restaurants I've applied to. LOL I JUST WANT A SECOND JOB!

    p.s. where ya gonna work? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man... I feeeel your pain. I absolutely LOATHED retail and hope I never have to go back. I did the leave and come back thing within 2 weeks once already and it was horrible. Talk about walk of shame!

    ReplyDelete