Thursday, December 19, 2013

Silent Night



Without hope or agenda, because it's Christmas, and at Christmas you tell the truth. To me, you are perfect. And my wasted heart will love you.


I watched Love Actually again last night. It is perfection. No movie will ever replace it in my heart. It has everything. It also allows me to pine for Bilbo Baggins and Rick Grimes all at once. What? Rick Grimes is hot. 

Oh, you mean the Bilbo part? Martin Freeman is super attractive and I don't need to justify my love for him to anyone (Andrea). 



My love for hobbitses is not the point of this post. The point of this post is that at Christmas, you tell the truth. So today, I'm going to do just that.



The truth is, I'm not sorry I sent that letter. I hope you got it. I hope you read it. I don't regret anything I said. Because in it, I told the truth. 



 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

8 comments

  1. That movie will always have my heart.

    xo fal | falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favourite movies too. :) The only thing that always bothered me about it was the part with Sarah and Karl...I wish that story could have worked out. I remember seeing an interactive love map about the movie online once though (which I cannot find anymore - this was years ago) and it was basically talking about all the different kinds of love in the movie. (Sarah's "love" was her brother/family). Anyway, great movie. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea he was Rick Grimes until Andrew pointed it out to me during a commercial. Can you tell its been a long time since I've seen Love, Actually?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everything about this movie and that stupid Joni Mitchell scene makes me cry every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it bad I've never actually seen that movie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fantastic movie. I have always loved and appreciated the fact that many of the relationships in the movie do not work out, it's realistic and nice to see (especially for those going through breakups).

    And good for you for being so honest. The truth hurts, but if you weren't doing it to be mean then you shouldn't feel bad. Sometimes people need to know that they hurt you, and that how they handled things wasn't ok.

    And in the spirit of telling the truth, I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok. confession: i have never seen love actually. so when i saw that image of the guy holding up that sign, i thought: hey, what's rick doing there? and where are all the zombies? (from walking dead). obviously, i'm a moron.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love that movie! And yep, I watch it year round, it has a special place in my heart. In fact, I was about to go home and watch it after work tonight.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete