Friday, December 13, 2013

Hits & Misses & Acoustic Listens

I tried really hard to rhyme my title and I failed miserably so I promise I'll never do that again. 
This week has been crazy cold which means I spent a lot of time on Netflix again. (Let's be real here, I don't think it matters what the weather is like, I will always be watching Netflix). So it's time for another edition of Netflix Hits & Misses. I feel like since I play that whole Russian Roulette game with it, I may as well take the guesswork out of it for all of you. 



HITS
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Love Actually
Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive & Dangerously Delicious (Stand Up)
Deadly Women (TV Show)
Truth or Die
Bachelorette

MISSES
The Snowtown Murders
House of Bodies

This is really exciting because there are a whole lot of hits and only two misses! I just didn't like how slow The Snowtown Murders was. Yes it was pretty graphic and based on true events but it just didn't do anything for me. House of Bodies was poorly acted and had a really stupid ending. 

Love Actually.. Come on if you don't love that movie then you are the Grinch. I've also discovered that Aziz is one of the funniest men out there right now. And I'm not saying I'd do him but I'm also not saying I wouldn't.... In terms of the sequel to The Haunting in Connecticut, while I actually really enjoyed it, I just feel like it was misleading since none of it takes place in Connecticut. So.. uhm what? But it has Chad Michael Murray looking all schmexy and the story was good so it's a hit. Truth or Die is a British horror film that was well written and the accents, so there's that. 

Bachelorette was an absolute gem of a film. I have no idea how I haven't ever watched it before. It was hilarious and realistic. I actually felt like "yeah this is totally how me and my friends would be". A loaded cast and people hating on marriage, yeah I'm in. 

Lastly, Deadly Women is all about woman who committed murder/serial murder so naturally I'm obsessed. This week I learned that there was a woman in Kansas who CUT A BABY from a pregnant woman's belly and left that woman to die. All because she had lied and said she was pregnant when she wasn't and needed a baby. What the actual f***? 

On to the music! Last week I shared with you an epic 2013 mash-up. This week, I have discovered this beautifully done acoustic pop medley. Seriously these guys are mega talented. No auto-tune, just his voice and a guitar seamlessly blending the biggest hits of the year together. 






Have a great weekend and see you all back here on Monday!

 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

7 comments

  1. I'm glad you clarified that Bachelorette is a movie and not that annoying TV show. Maybe I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved that I'm not the only person who watches Deadly Women! Once I stop I just can't stop! Love Actually, duh. I've never seen Truth or Die and I've never seen Bachelorette, but Bachelorette sounds like something I'd loveeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend my only plans are netflix xmas movies. So in the mood! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE ACTUALLY <3 <3

    › xo fal • falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE ACTUALLY.
    but I didn't realize bachelorette was on it damn I'm behinddddddd

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone addicted to Netflix (and Hulu), I totally appreciate this post. I am always looking for new shows to dig up on there!

    ReplyDelete