Wednesday, December 18, 2013

25 Questions To Ask Yourself Before 2014 - Part Two

Yesterday I brought you Part One of this well crafted list of questions to look back on the year. So today, I present to you Part Two. 

13. How have I procrastinated?
I've been sitting on a novel idea for months and I keep putting off writing it. I have bits and pieces but I think I'm scared to get it started and make it real. 

14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
I need to lay off the Netflix so much. And the naps. I need to make more time for reading & writing. I need to make more time to finish the things on my to-do list. I definitely need to come up with a weekly schedule and get myself organized. 

15. How have I allowed fear of failure to hold me back?
I have let myself believe that if I take a chance or a risk I will fail. I will be rejected and it will all have meant nothing. But I've learned that not taking a risk is also a failure. Not putting myself wholeheartedly into something I'm passionate about is failing myself. No more holding myself back. 2014 will be a year for doing. No more watching my own life pass me by. 

16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
This summer, after ending a serious relationship, I seriously doubted every aspect of myself. Am I not pretty enough? Am I not fun enough? Am I not smart enough? Am I unlovable? What's wrong with me? The questions went on and on and on. It took me a few weeks to get back on track and focus on the fact that I am good enough and deserve better

17. When have I felt the most alive?
When I graduated from University in June I had a new perspective. I felt my whole life in front of me and had a rush of energy. I felt like I could do anything and be anything and had my whole future to look forward to. 

18. How have I taught others to respect me?
I finally stood up for myself and cut relationships that were toxic. I deserve to be respected and treated with dignity. I finally stopped allowing certain people to cut me down every day. Last winter was really eye-opening for me. 

19. How can I improve my relationships?
I need to put in more effort. I've kind of been slacking on keeping them up and I'm going to start putting more time aside for my friendships. 

20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
I assume yes. I honestly don't know who at this point. I can't think of anyone except maybe the guy that got the letter 4 years too late... Actually yeah, that. I feel like it was really unfair of me to just do that. Pop up in a letter like that. No warning. Kind of stupid. 

21. Who do I need to forgive? 
I need to forgive him for stringing me along for so long. 

22. Where is it time to let go?
It's time to let go of the past. It's time to look forward and never look back again. 

23. What old habits would I like to release?
So badly I would like to stop biting my nails/cuticles. I know it's a small habit but honestly it drives me nuts having disgusting nails. 

24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
I want to make a habit of not making snap judgments. I'm an overall bitchy judgmental person and I want to find one nice/good thing about someone before I judge them.

25. How can I be kind to myself?
I can stop thinking so negatively about myself. I need to try and say one nice thing about myself every day so I stop tearing myself down. I also need to be kinder to my body and start eating better. 

Reflecting on the year, it really shows me that I need to focus on loving myself more. I need to focus on being kinder to others. I need to focus on letting go of feelings of loss and regret. 





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To end on a lighter note, and in keeping with the theme of looking back on 2013, I want to share what my favorite song of 2013 was! Helene is hosting this linkup and I love her and music so here it is.

The Phoenix - Fall Out Boy


I've mentioned before that I love Fall Out Boy. I've been patiently waiting four years for them to get back into the game. They're new album killed it and this song particularly struck me the moment I heard it. 

Since I was 13 I have been madly in love with this band. I can place one of their songs to every important moment in my life. The lyrics have always been on point and I know every. single. song. This year I had the opportunity to see them in concert for the first time in 10 years. A 10 year love affair and I teared up when they came on stage. I was filled with such emotion. I swear, 10 years of feelings rushed into me at once, and I could have died in that moment and not been happier.

"Time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start, so dance alone to the beat of your heart."


Helene in Between


 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

6 comments

  1. You are fantastic :) and for every two weeks you go without biting your nails, buy a new nail polish :) you can do anything!
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that 2014 is the year of doing.... in my opinion, it's way better to try (and possibly fail) than to live with regret.

    and ps- ain't nothing wrong with tv/naps! tv rules my life. for serious.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are we always on the same page about everything? I've been dying to write a novel since blogging. Let's stop being pansy's and write the damn thing.

    I love you. A lot.

    xo fal | falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for linking up!! Fall out boy is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok so i heard this really good advice once time and i want to share it with you: "Don’t talk to yourself in such a way that if you did so to a friend, it would end your friendship. If you had a friend dealing with the same things, you wouldn’t berate that person, say, ‘You’re not working hard enough,’ ‘You suck,’ or ‘You’re not as good as [whomever].’ You’d offer your friend encouragement, you’d try to point out all the things your friend did right, and how much progress your friend had made. You should do no less for yourself. Be very careful how you talk to yourself. Because you are listening."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stuuuuupid computer. I pressed 'back' to fix a spelling mistake in my comment and instead it went back to the previous page I was on and erased my comment! Sigh. Let me try this again.

    Good for you for only taking a few weeks to realise that you deserve better (and not let self doubt take over) when you got out of a serious relationship! I know too many girls who run back to their ex or they rush into a new relationship because of self doubt. Then they're unhappy in their relationship and can't figure out why.

    That's so great that you cut out toxic relationships! It's definitely for the best. It sounds like you're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete