Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Questions To Ask Yourself Before 2014 - Part One

What better way to end off 2013 than to look back on the year? Chelsea over at Life Is A Sunset posted 25 Questions to ask Yourself Before 2014 and I just knew I had to participate. So take a journey back through 2013 with me, won't you? 

1. What am I most proud of this year?
I am most proud of how far I've come in my fight against my depression. More often than not, the light at the end of the tunnel doesn't seem as far anymore. My good days highly outnumber my bad days, and I've learned to accept what I cannot change and what I need to do to take care of myself. I finally learned not to let it control me. I've taken control of my life. 

2. How can I become a better _____________?
Person. I can be more open, less judgmental, kinder, and all around less self-involved. 

3. Where am I feeling stuck?
As much as I love my city, I feel stuck here. Just in general, I want to get out but I don't know how and I feel like my life is on hold. I want new experiences, in a new city, with new people. 


4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
I'm too hard on myself. I need to find ways to love myself more. To love myself better. And not to beat myself up all. the. time. I need to allow myself to remember I can't control everything and to accept who I am. 

5. Am I passionate about my career?
Yes. But also no. I'm not where I want to be but I'm working hard to get there. I love my job. I love my field. I just know I'm going to do so much more. 

6. What lessons have I learned?
I have learned that you can't plan your life. Sometimes what you think matters doesn't, who you think matters doesn't, and your dreams will change. You can't force someone to love you. And Netflix and wine solve everything.




7. What did my finances look like?
Better than they have in years past. I finally made a budget and was able to purchase a car that I loved. I even have enough to move out in the spring of 2014 and my life is financially on track! I even have an RRSP. What? I'm old. 

8. How did I spend my free time?
Netflix. ALL of the Netflix. With a few books thrown in there. 

9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
My body could have been better. My medication caused me to gain a whopping 30 pounds and I'm struggling to get back down to a weight that makes me happy. As for my mind, I already mentioned it's getting better every day. My soul is finally free to control me. I listen to my heart. It's at peace and it finally knows where it belongs. 

10. How have I been open-minded?
What's on the outside isn't everything. By being less judgmental I have discovered some truly beautiful souls this year. 

11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
I felt most inspired when I decided to start this blog. It reignited my passion for writing and has led me to so many other creative outlets since. From crafting, to writing, to photography, to painting, I've really poured myself into everything I do. 

12. What projects have I completed?
Not a project but I graduated from my undergrad and that was a work in progress for 5 years. Amazing that I finished. 




Part Two to come tomorrow!

 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

3 comments

  1. This is a good one! I'll definitely be adding it to my own blog sometime this week!
    And I'm right there with you on #11. Good things! Very good things! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're feeling stuck MOVE TO OREGON?! no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like we're in the same boat when it comes to our careers.

    I have an RRSP too! Woot! go us!

    ReplyDelete