Thursday, November 14, 2013

Things I've Gotten Better at Since High School

I want to preface this post by saying that I have hit 10,000 pageviews and my mind is completely blown. I can't believe that people care enough to read what I write that they clickity clicked that many times. You. All of you. I love you!

Now onto the main event....

I've obviously changed since high school. God I sure hope I  have because how sad would that be if I hadn't? I was such a little prick in high school. There were a lot of things that made me an awful human being when I was younger. Here are just some of the ways I've grown up and what I've gotten better at. 

i was a spray-tanned, duckfaced nightmare at 18. eugh. 


Being less selfish - 

God I was such a bitch. In what world did I live in to think that everything revolved around me? Teenage Melissa was the absolute worst. And that goes for my late teens too. I was possibly the worst girlfriend ever to one of my exes, we'll call him Lou. Seriously, I have no idea how he didn't push me down the stairs for being such a selfish prick. Like I threw tantrums. Silent treatment. The whole shebang. Lou is a trooper for having stayed with me. Truly. 

I like to think I'm less selfish now. I try really hard to put other people's feelings into perspective. I try really hard to see things from their point of view and I try really hard to be fair. I also throw fewer no temper tantrums.

Being open - 

This blog is the prime example. Guess what? i'm finally letting people into my life. yahoo. okay well they might all be strangers but at least these walls are crumbling down! I used to let zero people in. Ever. I was miss social butterfly but everything stayed at the surface. Now I am unashamedly me and give almost no effs. 

Being honest -

I used to lie a lot y'all. And I know I just did a whole post on how I lie to myself but this is different. I'm talking I'd make shit up alllll the time. Why? Who knows. I didn't even need to lie half the time and I did. Being a teenager was the worst.

Angst - 

As in I no longer sit in a nest of self-pity, with My Chemical Romance blasting from my boom box, while I updated my MSN status to reflect said dark mood through emo lyrics. 

Keeping A Secret - 

Loose lips sink ships and these flappers could have sunk the Titanic. I was the absolute worst at keeping a secret. maybe I thought that sharing some juicy gossip would make people like me, who knows, but I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I can now. I have so many secrets floating around my brain (mine and other people's) that I sometimes don't speak for fear of letting something slip by accident. Maybe that's why I'm such an Anti-Social Andie nowadays. 

I'm becoming an adult guys. It's scary/awesome. 

pale but real



How would you say you've changed since high school?



 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

6 comments

  1. pale but real? samesies lady. thank gosh my high school boat has sailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're not a little prick anymore! go you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 10,000 pageviews! I am really glad I'm past the days of "deep & meaningful" lyrics on my MSN status!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY I LOVE YOU. PALE AND ALL.

    › xo fal • falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea for a post. It's nice to look back and see how much you've grown as an adult. You look gorgeous "pale"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But you're so pretty and I just love you like a little muffin.

    ReplyDelete