Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Take Me To The Pilot

Last night I had the opportunity to watch one of my friends play in their kickoff show for their tour. For those of you who don't know them, you need to check out Take Me To The Pilot. They're like really good.

stolen from Facebook because Jon said I could


Winnipeg's music scene is amazeballs. Yes I just said amazeballs. I'm absolutely blown away by the talent that my city produces. And it blows my mind that I actually have the pleasure of knowing some of this talent on a personal level. I met Jon when I was 18. We had some mutual friends and I ended up dating one of his friends at the time. I also introduced him and my friend Kristen and lo and behold, 5 years later and these two are still together. Just call me Cupid. NBD.

Kristen and I actually lost touch for a few years but within the last year we've reconnected and I'm gonna get all mushy, but I'm so so so happy we did. Petty drama just wasn't worth losing a really good friend over. Learn a lesson from my mistake fellow women: protect your friendships and know who your true friends are or else you'll screw yourself. Real Friends > Fake Friends. Real friends also forgive you for being a mega bitch #thanksKristen.

circa 2008. we may need to take some updated pictures Kris...


I digress. Back on topic. Jon is the drummer. A really good one too.

via  also the girl who takes these pictures is super talented. 


I love seeing people doing what they love. So I really hope you have fun on tour. Keep on living the dream bros!

a nice little throwback 


The video below was shot in a bar in my neighborhood. A real Transcona treasure. And the bar that I actually met Jon for the first time! (And where Kristen and I spent many a night when we were 18).



For more of their music visit their Youtube page. 

So for all my Western Canadian readers you should probably go see them. They'll be coming to a city near you!



 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

5 comments

  1. I am excited to listen! This throws me back to my scene/wanna be emo days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is, hubba hubba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Wipes away drool from mouth* Meeeeeeeow.

    › xo fal • falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. halller! i love new music and i love when i feel like i have a small connection to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love music, looks like a blast! New follower here, adorable blog, will definitely be back to visit! Have a fabulous weekend ❤

    Feel free to stop by my bloggy world at:
    http://lovelifeandtruthtells.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete