Friday, November 29, 2013

Boyfriend? That's A Funny Way To Say Netflix.

It's no secret that I watch a lot of Netflix. A lot meaning if there was a rehab for Netflix addicts my family would probably sign me right up. My sister was legitimately "worried" about me last weekend when I said no to going out with her and her friends and opted for ice cream, sweats and Netflix. No, I'm not depressed, I'm in love.



If there was a contest for how many obscure movies one can watch in a week, I would win. That's the thing about my Netflix obsession: I like to play Russian Roulette. What does that mean? It means I will click on a movie and watch it and hope for the best. I put all my trust into Netflix's ability to predict what movies I'll enjoy. And I rarely turn it off, even if it sucks. Because I have a really bad habit of needing to know the end. Worst.

Of course, I've binge watched TV Shows like it's going out of style, but lately that has taken a backseat to my exploration of the categories Netflix creates for me. Examples: "Violent Crime Thrillers", "Scary Mind Game Mysteries" and "Dark Suspensful Supernatural Thrillers". So based on my profile, I'm clearly a psycho. Gimme all the serial killer movies please. K thanks.



In the last week, here are my hits and misses on Netflix:

HITS
The Hole, The Lodger, American Mary, V/H/S 2, The Innkeepers, The Alphabet Killer, Hemlock Grove

Here's the thing, I've already seen Hemlock Grove once, but I love it that much that I'm rewatching it. It's a Netflix original TV Show. It's superb. WATCH IT!

MISSES
House Hunting, The Haunting of Amelia, Fingerprints, Elsewhere, Stalker, The ABCs of Death

The worst part about the misses is that they all looked so promising.

Maybe next week I'll watch regular movies and not be a super creep...

Hope you all have a great weekend. If you have suggestions for movies I should watch on Netflix let me know! I'm always looking for something :)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My third and final blog bestie is none other than the beautiful Rachel of Sunshine & Sinatra. This girl is hilarious and I like to live vicariously through her. She's of the same mindset as me most of the time, which means we're generally egging on Rachael and Fallon when we should probably be telling them not to do something. Whoops! She's my little Jewish nugget and I love her to bits! 



1. Why did you start blogging?

Seasonal Depression. Kidding, to an extent. Really just hibernation. I had a stupid blog that I thought I was cool for making but didn't connect with the blog world AT ALL. I decided I wanted to do something fun and different than most of my friends (and something that involved staying indoors) and the blog world became a daily term in my life and I couldn't be happier.

2. What's your favorite part of blogging?

The friendships fo shiz. When you blog you seriously get a chance to understand EVERYTHING about someone that they wouldn't bring up to you when you first meet them in real life. And a lot of us connect on the same things. I am BEYOND thankful for the group of ladies I have met. I love my groupchat with Melissa, Rachael and Fal. Seriously they know more about my life now a days than some of my good friends. Bloggers just get eachother!

3. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

Best advice I could ever give someone is to do things for you. If you're in a relationship and want to be near someone constantly like that's really cute trust me, I get it. But you need to focus on you because at the end of the day the only person that gives 100 and 5 shits about whats going on every second in your life is YOU. #Bye (I'm going to assume this means she was like this and would change this)

4. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

Food. And family traditions. Each year my family and I go to Florida (hellooooo warm weather). It's seriously so great. and Stuffing? Do.Not.Pass.It.To.Me

5. What is your favorite part of New Jersey?

UGH SERIOUSLY I LOVE NEW JERSEY. This is a great question. I love the beach! Us "Joi-sey-ians" call it "going down the shore". NOT JERSEY SHORE THE SHOW. I go to a place near Atlantic City, New Jersey every summer and it just makes me so happy since I've had so many memories as a youngin' there, too!

6. Celebrity Girl Crush?

Ok well Rachael is right def Blake Lively (Xoxo, Gossip Girl), but other than that I don't really know. Probs Lauren Conrad. Her style is sassy and I want to break into her house and steal her closet. K. Awesome.

7. Share some posts with us!
I'm as single as a pringle. So I love blogging about my single girl adventures. I ran into my ex on tinder once...

My list of happy things. I can read this ANYTIME and just be like ok true I am as happy as a child at Disney. Alright who am I kidding, I still get happy at disney. 

I went on a life-changing trip to Poland and I like to share it with everyone!

I also compared Mean Girls to the World Series. So there's that. 



I also choose Hoodie Allen for this week's Back That Azz Up because he is the greatest man ever!





 photo signature_zps08dec786.png

4 comments

  1. I love you, Rachie, Netflix but NOT TINDER. #overit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cancelled my Netflix last month because my addiction was seriously out of control. Now I just watch obscure documentaries on YouTube...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netflix makes life happy. Somehow I always end up with random foreign films... and they are surprisingly good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh hey my face. I love netflix too much. Don't even know what I did without it.

    ReplyDelete