Thursday, September 12, 2013

Songs That Define Me

Jumping on the link up bandwagon today for Helene's "Song's That Define Me". This one really struck a chord with me as I've always been able to attribute a song to a major moment in my life. Whether it was my angsty teen years or a song that just really resonated in my soul, I've used music to get through a lot. 


The Cools by Crush Luther
The only person I know who even knows the existence of this song is Andrea. And that is why it will always remind me of her. Sleepovers, the rooftop of SCI, slurpees, The O.C., home facials, Oakbank and everything else high school. She also had a pretty big thing for musicians and wanted to date one so they'd write a song about her and sing to her at their show. 




Why Georgia by John Mayer
I was in Switzerland on a train speeding through the alps and I listened to this song on repeat. In that moment, all I wanted to do was get off the train and start my life there. But alas, I returned to Canada and ever since, this song reminds me of Europe and the dream I hold of someday calling it home.




Grand Theft Autumn by Fall Out Boy
The song that started it all for me. My love affair with Fall Out Boy has spanned almost 10 years. There is nothing out there that I can't relate to a Fall Out Boy song. They will always own my heart <3. 




Music always has, and always will, be a huge part of my life. I will never stop going to concerts. And I intend on seeing Fall Out Boy again before they take another hiatus because that actually almost killed me. 

Music has the ability to heal you and break you and encourage you and let you know that you're not alone. I would love to hear what songs define you! 



Helene in Between





No comments

Post a Comment