Thursday, September 5, 2013

From Me To You



Remember in high school where it mattered how many people you surrounded yourself with? Remember the need to be included, get all the right invites, meet all the right boys, have all the right connections? 

What a load of bologna that was. 

The best thing I have learned and can pass on through my own experiences is that it's better to have one best friend than 5 fake ones. Also, it's absolutely exhausting to try and keep up relationships with a large number of people. Seriously, social exhaustion is a thing. 


I digress. Find the people who keep your fire burning. Find the ones who love you no matter what. The ones who you can go a week, a month, a year without seeing, and yet when you do finally see each other it's as if no time has passed. Because these are the people that will stand by you through thick and thin. The ones who won't give up on you when you want to give up on yourself. 

I found my people. I love my people. I would be lost without them. And guess what? There aren't 10 of them. 20 of them. 30 of them. There's a handful. That's it, that's all I need. 

FIND YOUR PEOPLE. 













No comments

Post a Comment