Monday, August 12, 2013

Tuesday Tip: Haters Gonna Hate


Thanks Bill, I'll take it from here. 

Guess what? Not everyone will like you. So why worry about? Be you, do you, enjoy you! The best relationship you can ever have is with yourself, and it's also the one that will last the longest. Let the stress go of trying to impress everyone because it ain't going to happen. Haters gonna hate so hold your head high and let them.

Those who truly care about you and want to see you succeed will support you. Keep those people close. They are so so so important. 

Do you want to follow your dream of being a trapeze artist? Do it.
Do you want to drop everything and move to New York to make it on Broadway? Do It.
Do you want to go build a school in Africa, start a blog, freelance, change careers, move away (I think you get the point)? DO IT. 

I spent years worrying about what everyone else thought about me. I was constantly second-guessing my decisions because I would rather look good in their eyes than my own. I'm over that. I'm going to do what makes me happy and focus on that. If you don't like it, don't read it then move on. 






3 comments

  1. Oops not hating. We're just trying to voice put opinion cause we can't to you directly we know you won't listen. Sorry, carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous- "Oops" seems like the wrong word here: obviously if you're putting time into reading a blog that you dislike, and replying to each post with a passive aggressive comment, then you are definitely TRYING to bring someone else down. I have a hard time seeing anything accidental in the manner with which you comment on her blog.

    Melissa, keep on writing! Kudos for putting yourself out there- I look forward to the next installment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um.. Did you talk to my mom? Because I'm pretty sure I just had this breakdown this morning and she said some of the exact same things you just did. So shoot, now that I think I was ganged up on, I guess I better listen to you two!

    ReplyDelete