Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Tip: Blending in at a Teen Pop Concert

How does one do that you may ask? Well let me tell you, I have been to my fair share of teen pop concerts including The Jonas Brothers at the height of their popularity, so I'm basically an expert on fitting in with all the 10-14 year olds. The secret is... YOU DON'T. No matter what you do, if you are in your twenties and attending one of these concerts without accompanying a child, you will stick out like a sore thumb. So today's tip is less about blending in and more about not making yourself look like an idiot in the presence of all these preteens. (You're supposed to be the cool adult they want to grow up to be).  

I went to the Selena Gomez concert last night. I loved it. I mean how could you not, look at her.

okay so I have a huge girl crush on her


I finally realized that I am a full fledged adult. I got the stank eye from about four children for not acting like one. Apparently if you're older, you must act like the parents and subtly sway from side to side and make no noise.  

I did not. 

Tips for a Teen Pop Concert:  

1. It's creepy if you vocally express how hot you think Emblem3 is before you realize some of them are still in high school. 

2. Don't dance. You're doing it wrong. There will always be a newer dance fad that you are unaware of and you will immediately age yourself if you do what you think is hip. 

3. Dress your age. That crop top trend that you think is super hot right now? Well the 13 year olds have beat you to it and probably look better in them than you do. 

4. It is super uncool for you to jump around trying to catch all the confetti from the confetti cannon, especially if you push an 8 year old out of your way to grab them. 

5. Go ahead and sing but make sure you know all the words. These kids have more time to study the lyrics in the cd case on the internet and will judge you if you mess up even one word. 

6. Drinking before or during one of these concerts is not a great idea. It's pretty inappropriate for you to be scream-slurring at Selena or Joe Jonas beside a 7 year old. The parents will judge you. 

7. If your feet start to hurt, or your knees, or your back (I think I'm a grandma), do not sit down. Only moms sit down. Suffer through that pain to feel young. 

8. When there's a slow song don't pull out your lighter. Apparently that's not a thing anymore. So make sure your cell phone is good and charged.


After the concert, I can safely say I've never felt so old. But why should I be embarrassed about loving Selena, Justin or 1D? I'm secretly a 14 year old at heart. 

PS: Does anyone else find that concerts are a lot louder than they used to be...? Is that just me? Maybe it's my granny ears...


Are there any concerts you have gone to where you've been out of place?





No comments

Post a Comment