Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quarter Life Crisis

I'm having a quarter life crisis. Or an identity crisis. Or whatever. It's a real thing I swear.



I'm pretty sure this is a Millennial thing and that's based on the fact that my parents don't pity me. Not that I'm asking for pity because I'm not. But they could at least pretend to understand how empty I feel because I have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life. 



Here's the thing: I don't know how to not be a student. I spent the past 5 years in University, before that 13 years in the public school system. When I graduated back in June I was pumped. I kept thinking how free I was; no more University! Five years of hard work finally paid off! But last week it really and truly hit me hard that I will not be returning to school in September. Uhm... What? What am I supposed to do? Oh right... work. (Don't get me wrong I love my job but now for the rest of my life all I get to do is work). I feel like life is Mutombo and I'm that poor child with the cereal in the Geico commercial. 


So yeah, I would say it's an identity crisis. My mother would call it being dramatic and tell me "It's called adulthood". To deal with the overwhelming feeling of not knowing who I am, I have spent the past few evenings perusing Grad Schools. All I want to do is study! I just want ALL OF THE STUDYING. So, yeah maybe I'm being a little dramatic Mom but let me have my moment in the shade. 


So next time you wonder why I'm in a bummy mood or I don't want to go out just understand that I'm in the middle of a crisis. And know it's me, not you. But also it could maybe be a little bit about you






3 comments

  1. Idea for a post- what is your view on being friends with exes and/or people who are friends with their exes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a really interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M A PEACOCK CAPTAIN! YOU GOTTA LET ME FLY!

    ReplyDelete