Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meet my Big!

Hello blog land!

I participated in a little something called Bigs & Littles Blogging Network recently, where bloggers get paired up as a way of learning from each other and meeting new interweb friends. So far, I have found it to be an amazing experience and the main reason for this would be because my Big is pretty awesome. We have a lot in common considering we're so far away from each other (she's an American living in Germany, how cool is that?). She also seems to be an amazing cook and I have the majority of her recipes written down so I can try them myself.

 Today I want to introduce her to everyone and convince you all to check out her bloggity blog over at Running With My Tiara On.


Love her!


Why did you start writing a blog and what would you say your focus is?
I started writing a blog because I wanted to get serious about working out and losing weight. That is the main focus of my blog but I also talk about my daily life and growing obsession with beauty products. I have not really kept up with my eating habits over the summer so I plan on working on focusing on that a little more on the blog plus talking more specifically about what I do and the things I have learned in my path to getting healthy. 

What's life like as an American in Germany?
Really strange sometimes! I live right outside of the army base that we are stationed at in an all American neighborhood so in many ways it is comfortable. Any time we travel or go out to do stuff is when it gets weird. Everything is in a language that we don't speak and people stare at us because it is so obvious we are Americans. I am getting used to being around it but my husband still feels uncomfortable. I am really enjoying trying to learn to fit in but I also miss home. On the bright side the views here are unbeatable. 

What's your favorite part about blogging?
It is without a doubt the people. For me there would be no point to blogging if I weren't meeting and interacting with so many awesome and supportive people on a daily basis. I get the opportunity to get to know people around the world plus I have the support of others who are facing the same weight loss struggles every day. The blogging community is really something incredible. 

What do you do in your spare time?
I absolutely love to read. It is by far one of my all time favorite activities. I love being transported into a different world and 'living' a strange reality that touches my heart in a way that real life cannot. My other favorite activities are watching movies, blogging, attempting to force my dog to cuddle me (she hates snuggles!) and just spending time with my husband.  

What was your favorite part about getting married?
I'm going to be completely honest on this, and anyone who knows me could probably answer this question for me- the attention! I'm not going to lie, I love to be in the spotlight with all of the attention on me. When we were preparing for the wedding people always asked about it any time they saw me and when we would go to appointments it was all about me. I know that sounds totally self centered but it's nice when people are excited about you. Oh, also, trying on wedding dresses was so much fun I always talk about wanting to pretend I am getting married again so I can do it again!

What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Be true to who you are on your blog and reach out to others whose blog you enjoy. This community is all about making connection and the only way to do that is by getting yourself out there and showing the world who you are. 




So now you all know how great she is so go to her blog. GO NOW! 







No comments

Post a Comment