Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend in Review

Hello lovelies!

This was the weekend of BBQ's. Oh my how I love summer for this! Friday kicked them off with a surprise 50th for one of my favorite aunties! The surprise part actually worked because we forced everyone to wait inside the garage. When she pulled up we opened the doors and jumped out. It was touching to see how happy my aunt was when she realized it was all for her.

We made sure the cars weren't running, don't worry!

On Saturday my parents hosted a Grad BBQ in honor of me, my sister and our neighbor, Lynn. All 3 of us have completed our post-secondary education! It was beyond a good time. In true Transcona fashion, we all sat in lawn chairs on my front lawn with beers and burgers. There was about 20 people so we were quite a sight. Classy as ever, I drank my $10 wine out of a Red Solo Cup (I do salute you). Courtney and Jason stopped by with Brooklyn for her first BBQ and she stole everyone's hearts. I love her. It was also nice to have all my friends in one place and getting along. That never would have happened with some of my previous friendships (it really is true that you need to let some people go) and I'm so blessed to have so many incredible people in my life. 

Sweet baby Brooklyn

Sunday rounded out the BBQ's with my cousin Kylee's Grad BBQ & pool party. I am so stuffed from all the food this weekend I don't know how I made it through! I learned how to play ladder ball (or as some of my family prefers to call it, blue balls) and it is my new favorite summer game.



It was also a weekend of taking care of my poor Chris as he had his wisdom teeth out on Friday. He is such a champ! You can't even tell he had surgery (the lucky butt). When I had my wisdom teeth out I looked like a poorly designed Alvin & The Chipmunks character. So kudos to him for being one of the lucky ones who experience no swelling, no bruises and no pain.  

So that's my weekend in a nutshell. Did you do anything fun or interesting this past weekend? I'd love to hear it!


No comments

Post a Comment