Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend in Review

I would just like to remind everyone that I already indicated I don't have a spectacular life. So if you're gearing up for a post about my "sick weekend" out on the town you will be sorely mistaken. I'll give you a chance to leave now if that's what you were expecting........


...There. Now for everyone else I just wanted to profess my love of Lake Winnipeg. I'm sure there are nicer lakes/beaches elsewhere but Chris has a cottage at Lake Winnipeg and it is seriously the most relaxing place of my life.

How is this not the most perfect Saturday afternoon ever?

Oh hello beautiful lake at sunset!

See? Perfect! I loved having no clock and just enjoying the time I had out there. 

After the lake we came back into the city so we could go see World War Z. I have to admit that the movie was pretty swell. Action from beginning to end and a pretty good plot line. However... As someone who read the book and loved it, I hate that they refer to the movie as "based on the book". NO. IT WAS NOT. There were zero things in common with the book except for the premise of a zombie plague. The book was such a well written novel. It went into detail about the social, political and economic rebuilding of the world after such a devastating loss of human life, from a first person perspective of individuals who had survived the "Zombie War". Essentially almost the extinction of our species. It was NOT about Brad Pitt flying around the world looking for a cure. It would have been more accurate to claim the movie was "inspired by" not "based on". UGH.

No Brad Pitt, you are NOT the key to our survival...

I'm that asshole that always reads a book before seeing the movie, and then sits through the movie ruining it for everyone by saying things like "well that's not how it happened in the book" or "J.K. Rowling did not write this in the book, why is it happening in the movie". I also usually ruin the ending through these statements because after I make them I feel compelled to explain just what happened in the book. 

Seriously though read this book (more than just Zombies I swear)

Enough of my rant. 

On Sunday I went to a bridal shower for the lovely Mikaela and it was pretty beautiful. The right amount of class and some pretty tasty hor d'oeuvres (I can never say no to shrimp on a cracker). I also got to spend the afternoon with my mama and that's always fun for me. I love tormenting her. In the best way possible though. 

So that's my weekend in a nutshell.



No comments

Post a Comment